Negative feedback received because buyer did not read description properly

Hi all,

Long time ebayer, first time poster. I have never had any issues with ebay or buyers. Have always been helpful to my buyers and my listings are as accurate as possible.

One buyer purchased a helicopter kit. In the description it clearly stated what it came with, and whar else was required.

Buyer contacted me and I advised the other parts are available. Did not hear anything back until i noticed the negative feedback claiming i totally ripped him off.

Should I be entitled to have this removed? Should a buyer be able to leave negative feedback becuase they didn't read the description properly?

Because of this single negative feedback, ive gone from 100% to 93%!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Why am I not surprised it was a low feedback buyer? They always seem to go for the jugular, without trying to resolve with the seller first. I had a look at the listing and I am assuming the "included" is what comes in the box and the "minimum required" is the other things you need to buy to make it fly?

I looked at model aircraft for my husband a few years ago and each one in the shop was just the kit to build the actual plane. The motor and everything else was extra. It clearly stated on the boxes that the motor and other bits weren't included. 

If everything is clearly stated in your listing, it might be worth RINGING eBay and talking to a supervisor about getting the feedback removed. With any luck they will remove it and fix your stars up too, which I'm assuming that buyer also trashed. If they say they can't do anything, don't give up, call back (or get a supervisor to call you back, apparently you get someone with half a brain when they call you back) and try again. Sometimes it can take a few calls.

Maybe to avoid any confusion with other potential numpty buyers, change the minimum required" to "extras you need to make this fly" (or something to that effect). Then there is absolutely no confusion.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I can see why they feel cheated. If I was buying a kit I would expect everything it needs to work. Otherwise you should clearly point out in the title "no motor"
No ebay won't remove the feedback, it's the buyers opinion and how that felt about the transaction.
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the tips. I have contacted ebay and waiting to hear a response. I will give them a call tomorrow and see what i can do.

I think i'll definately make some changes in the future and clearly write Included/Not Included!

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

To be honest I would find your listing confusing.

Under the includes heading you say kit, but what's in the kit? I would be incredibly specific for people like me who know nothing about your items. 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the comments. In the model industry a kit is only the aircraft itself, this is something well known. But I guess for someone not familiar it could be taken any way.

However the buyer did ask for a list of everything he needed "except for the radio" so he had some idea of what he needed.

Again, it did state the minimum required, with the engine at the top of the list.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

If the buyer didn't really know what he/she was getting, you would not buy something without at least asking, especially if its something they're not familiar with.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Yes but say I'm buying this for my Dad. I have NO idea about the industry or what is normal or usualy or what 'minimum requirement' means. 

I buy a kit that is described as a kit. Being a numbskull, I would expect it to have the bits that go unless you make it clear. 

Eg

This kit includes:

4 wings

2 nuts

7 bolts

This kit does NOT include:

engine

oil 

knobjockeys

Most of your buyers will not read your listing so you need to make it really obvious :). 

As for your buyer who asked for and received a list? See above items not included. I think you found one. 

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

yes I think you need to make it very clear for simpletons like myself who know nothing about models. People might be buying these as gifts who know little and might be too afraid to ask as well.
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Lol, so if buyers wont read the listing anyway, i could say it includes a BMW car and they wouldnt know! 🙂

I definitely have learned from this but considering the buyer asked for specific parts AFTER the purchase, the feedback is out of spite or something.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply