Negative feedback

I can guess that this is a topic that has been spoken about before so i apologize in advance if it has been posted before.

My issue is that i started selling quite a bit over the last 2 years, i have 1700 positives, but in the last 6 months i have had 2 negatives which are really unwarranted, i have sent feedback revision requests but no answer, contacted ebay i think i just got a very unhelpful automated response, i really think these Negatives should be looked at.

the first Negative i got was from a buyer who bought the mask soundtrack, he put a coment in saying jim  carey has a nice singing voice along with a negative, how that makes sense i dont know, sent him feedback revision, and nothing no response

The other one i put it in my adds that if there is a problem with any of my items please contact me and i will resolve it, that didnt happen just left negative without any communication to me at all. As most sellers know negatives are not good to have, i would accept negative feedback if there was a valid reasons for it but both these times to me are unjustified. and having 1700 positives in 1 year proves that. The other thing is negative feedback is somewhat damaging to a seller as buyers do look at negative feedback

I really would like to get a human rep from ebay to look at these i cant find anything, so any help as to where to look would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advancde

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Negative feedback

Buyer once left me a red dot because they didn't like the ending to a novel.....so I had it removed

Replying to Feedback you received for an item you sold | eBay

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Did you have the feedback removed and how did you do it

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Don’t be too worried; the majority of sellers really don’t let themselves be put off by the occasional neg.

A short factual reply to a negative can actually be better than no negatives at all. For example, to the feedback for The Mask soundtrack, something like “While we’re unsure why you gave a red dot, we are glad that you like Jim Carey’s singing voice” would almost certainly reassure a potential buyer .

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

I remember it being discussed some time ago that buyers leaving feedback using a mobile phone would sometimes accidentally touch the red dot as they are very close together.

Doesn't help the seller of course, especially if the buyer doesn't know what a feedback revision request is.

As mentioned, most buyers wouldn't be turned away from an occasional neg with a positive comment.

And if you have a good turnover, they disappear from the first page very quickly anyway.

image host
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I'm a buyer these days. Used to sell several years ago, so I like to think I can see a bit of both sides, if that helps.

I always look at the neutrals as well as the negs.

And the seller's replies, if any.

A few negs don't necessarily put me off buying & I don't think they will put most buyers off as some never look at the feedback in detail anyway. They would see your feedback score in the thousands and at 99.8% if they even look that far and just buy! So don't be overly worried.

I think if you contact ebay chat, you could have a good chance of having that second neg removed. It's a positive sentiment, a sort of strange one, mind you, as no other buyer cares what he thinks of Jim's singing voice. We would only want to know how the transaction went and if the CD was in good condition, as advertised.

The first neg I think you are stuck with.

Here's how I as a buyer would sum it up after reading all 5 comments. (remembering that if feedback is ridiculous, most buyers can notice that too)

1.  You are responsive and would prefer to be contacted if there is a problem.

2.  3 out of the 5 neutrals & negs are undeserved and/or a bit strange. That second neg plus those first 2 neutrals.

3.  One neg and one neutral state the CDs weren't in as advertised condition, they give some detail and are (from my viewpoint as a buyer) believable. The fact a CD is spotless or looks like new doesn't mean it is working well. In my mind, I'd be asking if you actually tested it. Telling a buyer they will now get no refund is risky business too as I see they bought in the last month. If a seller challenged me like that, I'd open a claim with ebay for a refund. And I am betting I would win. You would have done better to tell them to contact you so you can rectify any problems.

So on the whole, I think the neutrals & negs won't have much effect on you, they will drop off, you may be able to get one neg removed and I believe you are an overall good seller. Do I think that having 1700 positives in a year means there can be no mistakes on the seller's part though? No.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I would be more worried about you Neutral in regards to KC and the sunshine band.   Your response to a badly scratched CD was that they should have contacted you.  Better would have been not to send it in the first place.   

The way you handle bad feedback is more important then the feedback itself.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

cft207
Community Member

The recent handling of feedback has me shutting accounts after 20+ years of ebay..importing containers, selling gold bullion...you name it , but they've gone too far - not viable to pay so much and have so little seller protection.

For me - approx 6 weeks ago I bought something on ebay after confirming with seller it was right part for job. Foolishly I asked via one ebay account and then bought with an alternate, given I had gift certificate.

In short seller lied to get the sale and ebay shut my return case with approx 1 hour, and then (after I'd chatted with them and confirmed I could leave neg for seller ), removed my neg feeback within MINUTES.
I have transcripts from ebay apologising and saying it should never have been removed, and that is was THEIR HUMAN ERROR>

Just received first NEG two days ago, after many years and over 7 active selling accounts

Buyer bought 12th Dec, I posted 12DEC, and it had ETA of 18-28DEc...sending from rural NSW to outside of Darwin NT over Christmas and holiday period.
Silly little $5 net profit item sending , as per buyers choice, by untracked Aus Post letter service.

Buyer leaves neg on 27th , and within the neg lies about me not answering his emails - two received 27th and both politely answered 27th.

First contact to ebay has transcript stating they'll remove the neg - Never did...subsequent contact is basically - go away , you get no help.

My buyer has left 3 neg feedback for his last 3 purchases from diff sellers, with MANY neg's all over his feedback history pages.

My choice is to leave ebay with their non-paying idiots, and for those sellers who do pay them I recommend leaving.

Sooner or later someone has to realise that their poorly trained Philippine "support" staff have very little idea of how to conduct business.

It's just not worth the whinging anymore as they've absolutely lost to plot.

gumtree & marketplace - zero fees and next to zero support
ebay - 16% fees and psuedo support that they only do for legal reasons, and which simply frustrates those seeking help anyway

pretty easy choice

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

HAHA ...request assistance from ebay AHAHA

best oxymoron of the day

ha...lol

ha ha

you must have time to burn, and peace of mind to forfeit.

I've dealt with straight out lying thieves on ebay (literally, stole the goods ) , and yet ebay then , without giving direct help & also understanding the situation, say "we understand, we advise you to kindly ask the buyer (aka thief) to comply with ebay policies "

I recall though they were very diff once I received a couple of thousand dollars for an ounce of gold, with delivery address a room above a pub in England.
I had the cleared payment  and was about to send but they found a telephone very quickly that time, called and spoke all chummy and lovely...best biz partner kind of deal. Buyer paid with a stolen credit card but due to routing ebay would have had to pay back, not me.

ebay has consistently lowered their standard sand is fast becoming a lame duck site , good only for buying very cheap garbage from China, that you may receive, or may just get a false tracking number and have to spend TIME to redeem your few bucks over months.

que ?

Let's go kneel before a crim and ask for mercy yeah

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply