New Ebay Nonsense Policy

Our store received 98.5% positive feedbacks since we operated business here in 2011. However, recently, we are classified as "Below Average" seller due to few stocks are not available to sell which we didn't take off from our store immediately. Very enough, our fault on that. However, we found 2 weeks ago Paypal has been holding our funds for nearly every single sale. We called Paypal and found out:

Due to new Ebay policy, Paypal will hold funds until the goods are delivered to customer for "Below Average" seller. The point is we have been updating delivery status with tracking number for nearly 2 weeks. The customer has signed for receiving 2 weeks ago. The funds are still holding by Paypal. Their explaination is they didn't receive delivery status as they cannot access such information! As a seller, we need to call them to inform the tracking number and they need to track whether the item is been delivered or not. Lucky, we have tracking number for all items. We asked Paypal, if there is no tracking number on item, then will Paypal holding the funds forever? Their explaination is our customer needs to call them to confirm they really receive the item.

This ridiculous policy is just wasting time and make nonsense. It takes us 20 mins to get the funds released for the goods which been delivered 2 weeks ago.

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: New Ebay Nonsense Policy

how are we able to improve or amend listings to minimise problems in order to stay under 5% if we are banned from selling..........i dont understand, i feel like im in the twilight zone!!!!!

Mel xx
Message 31 of 45
Latest reply

Yes the new ebay paypal policies have gone beyond a joke.

Clearly breaching fair trading laws in Australia.

Only option is an alternative ebay?? and alternative paypal??

Message 32 of 45
Latest reply

ebay has been the recognized leader in astroturfing since it was named "astroturfing" ebay boards are matriarchal.

The perfect ebay astroturfers use  little old lady personas and then utilizes their "shields"

(they're the ones that the astroturfer has sucked in hookline and sinker)

to jump to their defence.

here is an advertised ebay astroturfing job that does not exist.... Man Frustrated

https://www.elance.com/j/ebay-amazon-expert-customer-service-english-english-grammar-forum-posting-f...

We are looking for an eBay and Amazon expert to go on their respective forums and help our potential customers solve problems they are having with each platform.

We expect you to gather information for us, which will help make our product even better.

If you are someone who spends their time doing this already, then please reply now. Below, you will find some sample questions. Please respond to the questions when sending me your proposal so I can get an idea of how much experience you have with eBay and Amazon.

Our ideal candidate will be willing to search for answers if they do not know them. Also, sending people to eBay or Amazon's customer service is unacceptable.

The people we are dealing with are experienced sellers and know that they can pick up the phone and call the company, but are seeking answers elsewhere and we hope that you will be able to provide them what they need.

Thank you.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 33 of 45
Latest reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g. political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participant(s).

It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations more credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection.

The term astroturfing is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass, a play on the word "grassroots."

The implication behind the use of the term is that there are no "true" or "natural" grassroots, but rather "fake" or "artificial" support, though some astroturfing operatives defend the practice (see Justification below).

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 34 of 45
Latest reply

@levitzfurniture2012 wrote:

Our problem is Paypal still holding funds after 2 weeks the goods have been delivered. We received 98.5% positive feedbacks which we were top-rated seller since 2011. We received 2 negative feedbacks out of nearly 400 feedbacks. I cannot say we are the best, but at lease we are doing our best to service our customers ๐Ÿ™‚

98% is not something to crow about, given your low FB score, in fact, I would be ashamed of that record.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 35 of 45
Latest reply

as to the two trolls on the thread..........

nickfines

tendollarshop

Maybe read up a bit on eBay protocol, customer service, and just general behaviour on the boards.

Then get the Oxford Dictionary (on line if you can't find one) and see if you can figure out what 'expert' means.

It sure as hell doesn't equate with someone on a 98% average after 18 months and stuff all feedback (don't touch with the proverbial barge pole would be my 'expert advice if asked') or a two bit wanna be (alter ego) trying to back you up with kudo's.

But hey, good for you for giving it a go!!

The respected members, I would imagine, are laughing along with me, and waiting to see how long you don't last.

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 36 of 45
Latest reply

I can relate to where your coming from, in the same boat, yes every one can say our fault for for the our ratings , but just victims of circumstances beyhond our control, ie buyers who do not listen to advise, or just plain pain in the butts, but this 21 day hold sucks, especially when you are a reasonably high volume seller, now noticed in our Paypal account only $15.00 available and around $2000.00 pending, basically if a buyer makes a purchase in the next couple of days can not even pay our suppliers for items to send to our customers. Can not even pay our Ebay fees, so can we put them on a 21 day hold as well ? Items have been delivered but what are we supposed to do now ? upload tracking numbers to Paypal as well ? to get funds released. Never had this problem in 10 years of selling, so what if we are rated below standard, let us get on with the business and try to get on top of it, instead of making it more diffuclt then ever.

Message 37 of 45
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

as to the two trolls on the thread..........

nickfines

tendollarshop

Maybe read up a bit on eBay protocol, customer service, and just general behaviour on the boards.

Then get the Oxford Dictionary (on line if you can't find one) and see if you can figure out what 'expert' means.

It sure as hell doesn't equate with someone on a 98% average after 18 months and stuff all feedback (don't touch with the proverbial barge pole would be my 'expert advice if asked') or a two bit wanna be (alter ego) trying to back you up with kudo's.

But hey, good for you for giving it a go!!

The respected members, I would imagine, are laughing along with me, and waiting to see how long you don't last.

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Members that I respect don't spend their time mocking others feedback scores from the "safety" of private posting ids.

Message 38 of 45
Latest reply

If you are "Below Average" you usually have to wait 21 days to get the money.

I am fairly sure, after the 21 days, they will make the funds available via your Paypal balance, without you having to take any further action.

It sucks, but that's life, that is their rules, you can deal with it.

It is one policy I probably agree with, they are trying to cut down on other fraudulent sellers who plague this site.

Follow the other posters advice and use out of stock option in future.

It is your responsibility to have stock available and eBay take a very dim view of cancellations due to out of stock, as you have found.

As for other people having a go at this persons feedback record, that is not helpful.

Easy these days to get negs from buyers sometimes, especially for delicate items like plates and crockery that this person sells.

8 out of 371, I have seen far, far worse..

Unless you are unlucky enough to get a feral buyer, most issues can be resolved by providing polite and fast customer service.

Message 39 of 45
Latest reply

My id isn't private cats, it is there for all too see Smiley Embarassed

Message 40 of 45
Latest reply