New Management Payment System - Things that don’t work for Sellers, Ebay please help!

They say the only things you can count on is death & Taxes! 

Change happens unfortunately whether we like it or not! Sadly, I liked my payments going to PayPal and used it as a type of kitty fund! I could leave it there and use it without affecting bank balances or feel guilty and use it to buy business items. But change happens and it never changes back as much as we would like it too!

However, there are some things that are fundamentally not working for me as a seller. And I am sure there are others and welcome further contributions from other sellers to hopefully have these issues rectified. 

1. Ebay notification has NO buyer information on the email. This is absurd! For taxation records this is just plain silly. It is just an obscure email stating that an item has sold. This document the only one we now receive should be a complete document to show all the required information. We have to keep records for tax purposes up to five years, please rectify this issue on your sales notifications or provide a sales receipt with this information for sellers.

2. The Sales Record in Ebay on the purchase is not user friendly! I cannot copy and paste using a tablet, I don’t know what it looks like from a desktop but it is terrible from a tablet. I have a business account with Australia Post and the information does not transpose over cleanly. This needs to be a better visually user friendly view. In your postage recommendations you say to copy & paste the relevant tracking numbers to ensure correct data is added, please it needs to go both ways, please rectify this! 

Please add any further issues you have found with this new change to this thread and hopefully we can get something done with these issues and concerns. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Management Payment System - Things that don’t work for Sellers, Ebay please help!

Your best bet if you want an easy to read, digital copy of every individual order, which includes buyer info, is to go to print the invoices for them, then download them all as a PDF. If you did it daily, and then save it by a good file name (eg eBay invoices 9 04 21 ) and put all those in a single folder, you'll be able to easily access all the info you need at least for record keeping purposes. If you refund someone, you'd have to download their invoice again, though.  

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: New Management Payment System - Things that don’t work for Sellers, Ebay please help!

Sad to say this will not do much good as eBay do not read here, and most sellers who have switched to MP have been running along nicely.

At the beginning the wait times for payments were frustrating for some, but after the initial wait period money comes in regularly so not really much to complain about now.

Just get over the teething problems and I am sure you will be fine.

Q1. As far as I know the info is found in the Seller Hub

Q2. eBay has always worked better on a laptop or PC

You can actually send eBay suggestions:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/unsolicited-idea-submissions-policy?i...

Good luck with it

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Yes same problem been with EBAY 14 years gave them my loyalty for all those years as a top rated seller. On 1st of March 2021 they changed ended with paypal went own their own, now to stay as a seller you most give a passport ID or driver's license ID to which did not have. Never have driven a day in my life so I don't have a driver's license, never been out of Australia so never needed a passport so I did not have passport ID.

Here is the best part on drop down on prove of identity on the first part says driver's license ID or passport ID down page where says add photos  if you click on brings you to second page. Now where it asks what photos are being added once again there is a drop down here is the laugh well not on my part as heartbreaking to me, on this drop down says driver's license ID, passport ID, or a government ID, or ID of aged.I sent them a NSW Australian  photo ID photos kept coming back they would not approve. Yet a seller for 14 years had all my information sent them the photo ID all the same information on both they would not take.So now NO more am I aloud to sell on ebay I am being kick of after giving this site 14 years loyalty as a top rated seller with my shop KICKED OF no longer aloud to sell. EBAY IS CORRUPT they don't care about you one bit as a person if it had enough thing to do with effecting there money then would be differrect. HA  ask for help you get none fogged of to one to another total Joke.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

An Aust/State  proof of age card will do Scott, use what you used to open your bank account

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

The consensus on the many other threads about this is that a proof of ID card should be acceptable.

I must be speshul - on my store account I had to provide DL number (no pic) and access to my bank account. Did that, no issues. Then changed my bank account access code.

On my non-store account had to proved DL number and bank account details. As it's the same account, presumably that's why I didn't have to provide access. Either way eBay only had access to my bank account for about 5 minutes.

I am set up for weekly payments, so no need for eBay to take money as there is always enough pending to cover any refunds (for postage on combined items). My store fees are still coming out of Paypal, and it's easy enough to top PP up.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Your best bet if you want an easy to read, digital copy of every individual order, which includes buyer info, is to go to print the invoices for them, then download them all as a PDF. If you did it daily, and then save it by a good file name (eg eBay invoices 9 04 21 ) and put all those in a single folder, you'll be able to easily access all the info you need at least for record keeping purposes. If you refund someone, you'd have to download their invoice again, though.  

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks Digital*ghost 🙏🏻 I think it is ludicrous that we have to do that 🙄 I swear sometimes upgrades and changes go backwards instead of forwards! 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks katistrophik for all the helpful info. I don’t think it’s very professional not to include buyer details in the sale notification and for auditing purposes we are a small business in effect, and some of the changes have gone backwards. I note your comments around feedback to Ebay thank you for the link I will use that as requested. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@scottishcelticweelass wrote:

Yes same problem been with EBAY 14 years gave them my loyalty for all those years as a top rated seller. On 1st of March 2021 they changed ended with paypal went own their own, now to stay as a seller you most give a passport ID or driver's license ID to which did not have. Never have driven a day in my life so I don't have a driver's license, never been out of Australia so never needed a passport so I did not have passport ID.

Here is the best part on drop down on prove of identity on the first part says driver's license ID or passport ID down page where says add photos if you click on brings you to second page. Now where it asks what photos are being added once again there is a drop down here is the laugh well not on my part as heartbreaking to me, on this drop down says driver's license ID, passport ID, or a government ID, or ID of aged.I sent them a NSW Australian photo ID photos kept coming back they would not approve. Yet a seller for 14 years had all my information sent them the photo ID all the same information on both they would not take.So now NO more am I aloud to sell on ebay I am being kick of after giving this site 14 years loyalty as a top rated seller with my shop KICKED OF no longer aloud to sell. EBAY IS CORRUPT they don't care about you one bit as a person if it had enough thing to do with effecting there money then would be differrect. HA ask for help you get none fogged of to one to another total Joke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi scottishcelticweelass , I am not comfortable about giving photo ID or other additional sensitive info to PayPal. Only my bank gets that over the counter.  There have been a few threads here and in the US about this issue and people voicing their displeasure. Mainly PayPal.

Another member helenku0 has also been voicing her displeasure on this issue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Forcing me to managed payment or deny new listings

helenku0 wrote:

Community Member
In response to found-in-australia on ‎04-10-2021 08:03 AM

I will not be providing ebay with my drivers licence or any other personal ID. I will cancel my ebay account and use other online markets eg. Insta or FB. Having personal ID on the net is unsafe, no matter how secure organisations think their payment gateways are.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Forcing-me-to-managed-payment-or-deny-new-listings/m-p/2404...

I won't discuss it here, but to get a bit more of an in depth idea you can see my thread below

PayPal now restricting accounts, ignoring emails; requests by customers

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Paypal-now-restricting-accounts-ignoring-emails-requests-by/...

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Agreed, the PayPal notifications were great, because they contained all the info needed related to a sale, so I kept all of those in a separate folder and could easily search by keyword (eg buyer name, a particular item, or what have you) and bring up any order info from a week to a decade ago. eBay's sale notifications are useless for that, so now I don't bother receiving them at all and looking up past orders older than 90 days is pretty much impossible - the only other way I can think of to have that kind of accessibility is to download order details as a CSV and put them in a database, but I'd need a good refresher course in Office to re-learn how to do that, unfortunately. 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply