New Parcelpoint Returns

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/content/parcelpoint-returns 

When requesting a return on an item, buyers are asked to select a reason for their return. In those instances where the item they've received is the wrong one or doesn't match the description, doesn't seem authentic, or is damaged/ missing parts, the seller will be responsible for return postage costs.

If a buyer wants to return an item because they've changed their mind, you can decide whether to accept or decline their request provided you follow the returns policy stated in your listing. Your returns policy can specify that remorse returns are paid for by the buyer or you can also offer seller-paid remorse returns.  

eBay should look into previous sales of the item that the customer suggested to be wrong or doesn't match the description to hold a seller responsible for a return postage label. 

If the buyer isn’t located near a ParcelPoint location, they can select to have a courier pick up the parcel which may come at a small additional cost to the buyer. If there is no coverage in the buyer’s area, then they will be offered an Australia Post label instead. By Who????? 

Seller should be asked to provide a return postage label  to customer instead of issuing return labels on behalf of a business. 

Kind regards 
JH
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New Parcelpoint Returns

Previous sales, feedback and reviews of an item can't really be used as definitive evidence that an item a different buyer has received is as described, since product faults can occur that don't affect any of the others. I know I for one am kind of nototious for choosing faulty products (had to return 2 PlayStations some years back, right after purchase, because both were faulty, third time was the charm). I've also been know to experiement with packaging, trying to make it better but not always with the greatest of success. So, at best, previous feedback would indicate that if there is a product fault, the seller may have been unaware of it. 

The good thing is, this ParcelPoint thing won't be mandatory, so if you prefer to issue buyers with return labels yourself, you can continue to do that. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Ghost, 

Maybe i'm looking at diffrently so i let you know what see there inreturn policies. 

Who pays for postage when returning an item? 

If buyers are asked to select a reason for their return. In those instances where the item they've received is the wrong one or doesn't match the description, doesn't seem authentic, or is damaged/ missing parts, the seller will be responsible for return postage costs. 

The part i am corncern about is, if the buyer change mind and wanting to return items and selected any of above we'll be held responsible for return postage costs. This is the reason i said to look at the previous sales. 

What happens if my buyer isn't near a ParcelPoint drop off location?
If the buyer isn’t located near a ParcelPoint location, they can select to have a courier pick up the parcel which may come at a small additional cost to the buyer. If there is no coverage in the buyer’s area, then they will be offered an Australia Post label instead

Then they be offered an Australia Post Label instead??? 

Somewhere in return policy i sow that ebay will be chargeing it's seller return postage cost at the end of monthly billing cycle, after issuing return postage label to buyer. 

This concerns me a lot because we get discounted postage prices and ebay postage prices are ridiculous. 

If anyone think that i'm wrong please do care to explain. 

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

The policies surrounding who pays for return postage are the same as they are now (if it's a change of mind return, buyer pays unless the seller's return policy is set up for the seller to pay, and seller pays if it's a not as described return), but the buyer being given access to print out a return label by eBay will only apply to the Parcel Point scheme, so as long as you don't opt in to that, you should be abkle to continue on as you always have been. 🙂 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Ghost, 

You are right, i've also contact eBay regarding this as well. I guess that teaches me don't go by what you read, until you make sure that it is what it is before panicking lol. 

Thanks again! 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply