New Postage Rates coming inot effect 4th January....

Just curious and hope someone can answer for me, with the new rates due to take effect 4th January '16, if posting something via large letter rate say for example now would require 2 x 70c Stamps = $1.40 cause it is under the 125g weight, would the new rates then be 2 x $1 stamps = $2.00 for the slower delivery method & if requiring the faster 2 day delivery rate mean adding 2 x 50c prority stamps making the total $3.00  ?  In other words it would be 1 prority stamp added for each $1 stamp?  Hope that makes sense.....and do we just make new postage policies to reflect the new rates so buyers have a choice when making their purchase?

Thanks

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: New Postage Rates coming inot effect 4th January....

Don't give up on selling your collection of magazines individually.

Thanks for the encouragement and tips .. but I know when I am beat .. have done a test over the last two months with only 20% sellthrough anyway and with the upcoming cost increases am loosing the stomach for it all .. if I had to pay to list here would drop the place like a hot potatoe ..

Message 11 of 36
Latest reply

@everard6920 wrote:

Most of my items are letters, too, but I'm hoping that the price rise will encourage people to place larger orders. Buyers can get 1kg worth of items for $7.15 (most of my items will fit into a Bx1 box) which will be much better value than a 250g - 500g $5 letter.

I hate it when people buy one $3 or $4 item anyway. If only eBay stores functioned like other online stores and had an option to set an order minimum.

How do you get the boxes for free? I have to pay for mine, and the $7.15 only covers the postage.

Message 12 of 36
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@everard6920 wrote:

Most of my items are letters, too, but I'm hoping that the price rise will encourage people to place larger orders. Buyers can get 1kg worth of items for $7.15 (most of my items will fit into a Bx1 box) which will be much better value than a 250g - 500g $5 letter.

I hate it when people buy one $3 or $4 item anyway. If only eBay stores functioned like other online stores and had an option to set an order minimum.

How do you get the boxes for free? I have to pay for mine, and the $7.15 only covers the postage.

Haha, I don't get them for free (I wish). The "handling" fee is in the item cost (I add an amount to each item to cover packing materials/10% fee on postage). I find that this works better than adding it to the postage cost, because the buyer is able to match the postage label on their shipment to what they paid.

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

What is a Priority Stamp??? And how does it work

A buyer asked me about this recently I looked at the Aust Post website and it said it had been discontinued as of May 2015

Message 14 of 36
Latest reply

When the new postage prices come in in January there will be a two speed delivery system.
To get the same delivery you are used to now you will need to add on a priority stamp to the envelope at 50-cents over and above any postage stamps required.
If you just put normal stamps on it then it will go into the slow delivery queue which is whenever Australia post feel like delivering it.
Message 15 of 36
Latest reply

I bet the priority ones do not arrive any faster than normal postage just like there so called express delivery which on many occasions were no faster than the red satchels..................

Message 16 of 36
Latest reply

Express delivery is dependent on both parties being in the Express Post zones.

There is no guarantee of next day or even faster delivery if one party is outside the zone.

Message 17 of 36
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Express delivery is dependent on both parties being in the Express Post zones.

There is no guarantee of next day or even faster delivery if one party is outside the zone.

Correct, but priority is just that -  prioritised. All mail will still be delivered as quickly as possible. If they can process 1000 letters in a day (obviously many more than that, but just an example) - if only 500 of those are priority, then it's possible for 500 non-priority mail to arrive within the same timeframe as priority mail.

I read this in Australia Post's documentation, although I can't find the link at the moment.

Message 18 of 36
Latest reply

please verify how to get 1kg post for $7.15.....???

Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

my understanding it's up to 500g
Message 20 of 36
Latest reply