New Store Subscription Fees

gec2002
Community Member

Just got the email that come 14th February our store subscription fees are going up.

Basic $24.95  Offset by 600 Free listings

Featured $54.95 Offset by 1500 Free listings

Anchor (Make sure you are sitting down before reading) $549.95

However all tiers and stores will have slightly higher FVF fees at all levels and tiers

As per usual the devil is in the detail

The cap on Final Value Fees per item will increase from $250 to $400

Auction Insertion Fees (not within the collectibles category) will be $3 regardless of the start price for store subscribers.

They definitely don't want store holders doing auctions.

Off to do my sums and see what it all really means, there will be a sweet spot there somewhere, just need to work it out.  But overall my guess is if listing items with normal listing fee you may in some cases be slightly better off, but for media @ 5c not so much.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: New Store Subscription Fees

@gec2002 wrote:

Excellent Davevil you have illustrated small time sellers should have a Basic store and I have shown that larger sellers should consider a Featured store.   

Quod erat demonstrandum  Sorry, but yours was only a partial proof.

Sorry, mine is a total proof of my refutation of your contention  - "But what he's not saying because that would spoil his argument is he should use a featured store."

it's easy to cherrypick examples and posit sellthrough rates that suit your argument, but my figures are based on my experience, not what-ifs.

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics" - Benjamin Disrali

Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

"my figures are based on my experience, not what-ifs."

And so are mine and I also sell in the media section and I certainly turnover more than 50 / 1000 listings per month and my average price is closer to $20 / item than $15. 

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

But you were positing 1000/1000 sellthrough, and stating my earlier figures meant I should have a feature store. Which they don't.

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

Is there any mention if/when store owners will get their additional free listings in February. Featured store owners will receive their 500 free listings on 1 February, but as the changes will commence on 14 February, do we receive a pro-rata increase on that date or do we wait until 1 March to start the 1500.

Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

By break even on eBay fees I assume you are referring to the difference between Basic and Feature because the above does not hold true between 600 and 1500 listings

Aye, that was my point exactly, in looking at the total fees paid to eBay, including any insertion fees and final value fees (where applicable, but I was also trying to point out these are variables, not fixed costs, so the most economical choice would vary from seller to seller, and depend on listing numbers and/or average turnover).

At a certain number of listings, without even taking into consideration turnover and any reduction in FVF, it is more economical to have a featured store (for media sellers, that number is 1200 under the new packages, because the extra 600 would cost them an additional $30 under a basic store, making the minimum monthly fees to eBay $54.95 whether they have basic or featured). 

Message 45 of 50
Latest reply

Is there any mention if/when store owners will get their additional free listings in February. Featured store owners will receive their 500 free listings on 1 February, but as the changes will commence on 14 February, do we receive a pro-rata increase on that date or do we wait until 1 March to start the 1500.

They mention somewhere in the fineprint that you will continue to receive the usual allocation until the 14th. They mentioned this IMO so people can't complain when their extra GTC items relist and cost them money.

I personally went through and ended my extras down so I don't get stung $100 for fees, and will just relist on the 14th.

Would have been much nicer if they'd just kicked this off on Jan 1.

Message 46 of 50
Latest reply

Or even Feb 1.

All store subscriptions run monthly, or a least the allocations do, so there seems to be no logic in starting at not even the middle of a month.

Oops, silly me, this is eBay. Logic is an optional extra that has never been optioned.

Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

Basically if you own an anchor store like I have for around 10 years ebay is just going to screw us to the wall with the fee increases.

Anchor store fees are going up by $50.00 per month and the final value fee which was on average 7% before is going up to 7.6% and they have given absolutely nothing in return.

Last months fees of $1800 will go up under the new price structure to $1960.

Not a bad little earn for ebay for no work other than an email informing us of the changes.

Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

Watch it if you have the GTC option clicked. I just got hit with a large bill cos they relisted all my listings- I have 900 plus in store and because I click the GTC option they are churning over and every time get a listing fee hit!

Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

That has always been the case. GTC just means you don't have to manually relist them. They have always attracted a listing fee or used a 'free' listing when they roll over.

Now you will have MORE included listings so your fees will be less.

Message 50 of 50
Latest reply