New Store Subscription Fees

gec2002
Community Member

Just got the email that come 14th February our store subscription fees are going up.

Basic $24.95  Offset by 600 Free listings

Featured $54.95 Offset by 1500 Free listings

Anchor (Make sure you are sitting down before reading) $549.95

However all tiers and stores will have slightly higher FVF fees at all levels and tiers

As per usual the devil is in the detail

The cap on Final Value Fees per item will increase from $250 to $400

Auction Insertion Fees (not within the collectibles category) will be $3 regardless of the start price for store subscribers.

They definitely don't want store holders doing auctions.

Off to do my sums and see what it all really means, there will be a sweet spot there somewhere, just need to work it out.  But overall my guess is if listing items with normal listing fee you may in some cases be slightly better off, but for media @ 5c not so much.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Thanks Stawks - looks like the BIN listing fees remail the same so still 5 cents for media.  So my "back of envelope" calculations looks like I am a fair bit better off, on the assumption that I utilise the 1500 free listings for a featured store - the additional 1000 free listings is worth $50 which well and truely covers the increased store cost and .05% increase in FVF.  BUT will work it out more closely latewr.

Message 11 of 50
Latest reply

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/about-store-packages is the current info for stores, if you want to compare it to the new charges.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/fees.html - if you click on some of the links here you'll find the info relating to non-stores.

To find the help pages, click on Policies at the bottom of every ebay page, then click on the A-Z index down the left side of the page for the best results.

Message 12 of 50
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

Just got the email that come 14th February our store subscription fees are going up.

Basic $24.95  Offset by 600 Free listings

Featured $54.95 Offset by 1500 Free listings

Anchor (Make sure you are sitting down before reading) $549.95

However all tiers and stores will have slightly higher FVF fees at all levels and tiers

As per usual the devil is in the detail

The cap on Final Value Fees per item will increase from $250 to $400

Auction Insertion Fees (not within the collectibles category) will be $3 regardless of the start price for store subscribers.

They definitely don't want store holders doing auctions.

@Off to do my sums and see what it all really means, there will be a sweet spot there somewhere, just need to work it out.  But overall my guess is if listing items with normal listing fee you may in some cases be slightly better off, but for media @ 5c not so much.

There's an awful lot of categories that do get free auctions in stores.  All crafts come under collectables and get free auctions.  I don't need or want them but I pay extra in final value fees because that's the category I sell under.  I'm not going to beat my head against a brick wall over it.  I can now put most of my listings on GTC and save myself heaps of work.  What I'd really like to know is whether we get to keep AR.  If we do, a basic store could have 2,400 listings!

Message 13 of 50
Latest reply

@found-in-australia wrote:

What are the current listing packages and charges for people who do not have stores? Not really sure why that information would not be included when they are asking sellers to review how they are impacted, and consider what is the best option for their business.

==========

I am one of the "bad" sellers being discouraged because I had the audacity to establish an auction business on the world's largest auction site. I was rung a few years ago by Ebay and told that if I continued to list auctions on Ebay Australia I would be "punished financially", because auctions reflected poor customer service - I guess my star ratings reflect my poor customer service by not moving above 5.0 (50%?).

They relented a little a year or so later and conceded that auctions were relevant for collectables listings, but deemed that the following categorie groups are NOT collectables:

Vintage Cameras

Vintage Clothing Shoes and Accessories.

Vintage Electronics

Vintage Stationary Engines in the Industrial section - I have not worked out how to know in advance whether a stationary engine brochure will not sell at $9.00, or whether collectors will compete and take it over $600 (such as item 371772434803).

Vintage and Antique Jewellery.

Movie memorabilia

Television Memorabilia

Music memorabilia

Vintage musical instruments

All of the Sports Memorabilia categories.

Vintage and Antique Toys and Games

And of course "Books: Antiquarian & Collectable" are deemed not to be a collectable.

==========

I have made do with the $1.50 charge for listing items deemed not to be collectable, as punishment for having the audacity to establish and run a long term auction business on the world's largest auction site - doubling that charge will make it unviable to test the unknown values and saleability of many items. I am within a couple of days of the 19th anniversary of my first sale on Ebay (it was listed on either the 2nd or 3rd January 1998). I may still be selling on Ebay after 20 years, but the quantity I sell will be much smaller, probably within 2 months of now, as I change the course of my business and dramatically reduce my online selling.

Even though Ebay has upheld their promise to "financially punish" me for using their legitimate paid services, I still have never sold on any other internet site. Being increasingly punished for being a faithful customer for almost two decades reeks of being an abusive relationship, so it is probably a good time to mostly walk away from Ebay.

However I would like to confirm what the current auction listing offers are for not running a store.

I found a better page for comparison of stores and non-stores:

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/Complete_fee_table_140217%20.pdf

Edit:  this spells out exactly what categories come under collectables:

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/Fees_by_category_140217%20v2.pdf

Message 14 of 50
Latest reply

"So my "back of envelope" calculations looks like I am a fair bit better off, on the assumption that I utilise the 1500 free listings for a featured store"

Not really it depends on your selling price.

Again assuming 1600 @ $20 in media ie 5c listing, previously if you sold 1600 fees would be $2824.45, under the new fees it would cost  $2872.45 an extra $47.50 in fees.Smiley Sad

However, If you sell 1600 at an average price of $10 each you come out ahead.  Old fees $1464.95  New Fees $1428.45 a saving of $36.50.  Go Wild! Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 50
Latest reply

Assuming you sell everything you list, which I daresay most don't.

If I have 600 listings and it costs me an extra $5 to list 400 of them within the new allocation, that equates to 1.25c each for those 400, rather than 5c as now. So I am better off. By $15 per month. And my FVFs don't change.

Message 16 of 50
Latest reply

My average selling price per media item is under $10

Message 17 of 50
Latest reply

This is another nail in the coffin for small to medium sellers with a basic store, the way I have worke it out I will be worse of by around $6.00 a month. With ever increasing Aus Post increases, Paypal Fees and now this it is becoming unviable unless you are a large seller. All of you peasents can nick off to gumtree that will there catch cry, they are getting rid of us by stealth..................

Message 18 of 50
Latest reply

As I stated earlier selling everything is a best case selling less will leave you worse off.

And while the argument you state makes you $15 better off, why would you have a basic store selling 600 items.  You are only providing the facts that suit your case and certainly not the cheapest opinion.

Davevil sells books so 5c listing fee tier 2 fvfs

So his 600 books in a basic store if all sold @ $20 each would currently cost him $1179.95 but under the new fees, he would only pay $1164.95 a saving of $15.  As he stated!

But what he's not saying because that would spoil his argument is he should use a featured store.

Features Store Old fees for 600 books @$20 = $1074.95 ($105 saving on basic store) New fees featured store $1080.95 (now only an $84.00 saving over the basic store, but still cheaper), but an increase of $6.00 over the old featured store rate.

Message 19 of 50
Latest reply

Why would I use a featured store when the old store cost was 10c per included 'free' listing vs 5c over the allocation?

With the new allocation of 600 for a basic store, it makes a featured store even less viable.

In my particular circustances admittedly, but as I've mentioned I doubt too many sellers have a 100% sell-through rate. And sales don't make a difference for books. The FVF won't change, so the only difference is the listing fees, which, pro-rata, are less.

Message 20 of 50
Latest reply