New ebay listing tool does not understand postage rates in Australia

namnie
Community Member

I'm in Australia.  I have not updated my details yet and I am a bit hesitant to so I will wait closer to the deadline.   I absolutely protest about some of the changes they have made to the listing program.   I tried to list a pair of shoes, when it came to postage the auto system nominates $15.75 as the postage rate for a large satchel, I can go and adjust the satchel size but the system only offers medium satchel at $12.75..........there is such a thing as a small satchel at $9.15 flat rate to anywhere in Australia, my shoes will fit into a small satchel a but I cant select it.   My buyers deserve the best possible shipping rates, why should they pay more that it should cost.   Ebay said the auto postage set up is based on my location......I am using a flat rate satchel, ie same postage anywhere in Australia!   I contacted ebay, they put an urgent request in to the web designers, that was 2 weeks ago, nothing has changed!!!!!   It seems they don't understand the  postage system and don't care! 

Has anyone been able to overcome this problem?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: New ebay listing tool does not understand postage rates in Australia

Put in flat rate postage Standard Aust Post parcel $9.15.     You can still use the small satchel when the time comes.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

In the new seller hub, there are a now lot of automatically pre-filled sections, you have to inspect very carefully before you actually list anything, in order to not come to grief once your listing goes live.

In the postage section E-Bay has also automatically ticked a postage method, that has no relevance to the actual item or customer destination. Make sure you un-tick that box and you are then able to select your own postage method.

At the time I was still listing, I also noted a lot of my items were suddenly ticked as pick up, with an incorrect post code (God only knows where E-Bay got that one from). On every listing, I had to make sure that box was un-ticked as it kept on re-appearing !

Every listing now also requires endless repeated information, that has already been supplied in endlessly repeated information boxes; everything double, preferably triple, better still quadruple, about size/shape/color/weight/dimensions and it appears very soon these are to become requirements for listing, otherwise your listings go to the bottom of the pile or can't be listed at all.

Welcome to E-Bays Brave New World !

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

"I contacted ebay, they put an urgent request in to the web designers, that was 2 weeks ago, nothing has changed!!!!!"

That E-bay would supposedly put in requests for changes in web design; technical glitches; requests for anything to be looked at/corrected/improved, is a total myth in my books.

These promises are only a method to get you off E-Bays back; to free up time for customer service reps to say the same to the next person contacting them.

The only thing whereby E-Bay constantly "improves the buying and selling experience" is by listening to no-one; that is very obvious from the way the site is run these days !

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply