New format for listing items - May 2017

Went to re-list some items tonight and found it's totally different. 

The plus side is that you only have to edit listings on one page instead of two as before so it's gonna be quicker.

The downside of course is that it's new and will take a little time to get used to.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I have been using the new format tonight - seems to be user friendly, no problems so far.  Nice to see Ebay giving us some love

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I have been using the new format for months.

When I did one the other day from within SMP (old format by default), it took a bit of thought to remember what went where.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I'm having some trouble - it's asking for a UPC nad choosing 'does not apply' does not seem to work. Putting in dummy detail also does not work and i keep getting a message saying it's empty. But it's not. 

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks! 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

It's been around since last year but not everyone seems to get it. I opted out last year because a couple of things didn't work how I wanted them to. They opted me back in a few days ago and it took me ages to find the forum thread explaining how to opt out, so in case anyone else wants to opt out, here's how to do it:

Click on Sell an Item. Type car into the field where it asks what you're selling. You may get a few options to choose from so click on one of them, then you'll get a message saying the new format isn't available for that category, but there'll be a link for you that says "use classic tool" (or something similar).

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I got onto live chat and was informed that eBay has made the new format permanent and it is no longer possible to revert to the old one. is there anyway around this? I have two accounts and the same thing happened with my oldest account. In that instance I was able to revert and it has stayed in the old format ever since.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Don't believe everything ebay reps tell you. I changed back to the old format last week without any problems using my above instructions.
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I followed your instructions to the letter (entering "car" as you suggested) but didn't get the option of reverting to the classic format. The same thing had happened many months ago with my older account. At that time I followed your instructions and got the earlier format back. It seems they have closed this loophole.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

The current page, once you take a couple of listings to get used to it, is significantly better. For starters it is one page.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Agree. The only thing i don't like is the placement for the tick box for the auto re-lists. I keep missing it and then have to revise everything. However, haveing said that, I'm very grateful for them.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply