List & sell for free when you enable `Offers`

Enable `Offers` on your listings and pay $0 in insertion & final value fees

3 days 24/10 to 26/10

They just won`t give up.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: New promotional offer today for new listings with `Offers` enabled

One of my accounts has the "offers" promotion. Another has list as many items as you like, fee free. My other account didn't get either. I'm going to accept the "offers" one and if an item is listed for $20, I'll set it to auto accept at $19.95 and reject all offers below $19.85. Then again, not sure I can really be bothered playing eBay's games. I'll just use the fee free regular 3 day promo.

Edit: just got the email advising me of the fee free regular promo. I also got it on my rarely used 3 feedback account. I haven't got an email for the "offers" promo yet. I wonder if I will?

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

If you accept their offers promo you might open Pandora's box and they'll force it on you afterwards.

All I can say is: is that the best offer ebay can come up with? 😞
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Another reason I decided against it.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I don't understand why I didn't get to knock back the 'offers' one.

I have signifcantly less feedback than the OP, my other selling account is still teal. I got the no strings promo on both those.

Nothing on this one, but that makes sense as I only list half a dozen a month.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

It’s quite ridiculous the way I see it, well at least as it applies to us, most probably a lot of others too. A good proportion of us are struggling to maintain some modicum of what would be considered even bare basic margins. The only way to allow for offers, especially considering the opportunistic nature of many, would be to seriously inflate the listed price. A defeating practice to start with, I think.

But, without doing this I’m sure it would increase sales - all ticketty boo for eBay coffers, while our margins decrease even further. This is just another demonstration of the value and concern eBay holds for good, honest hardworking sellers. It’s all about eBay.

I’ve said it before. You can go broke sitting at home enjoying yourself, without working hard for it!

Melina.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I don't understand why I didn't get to knock back the 'offers' one.

I have signifcantly less feedback than the OP, my other selling account is still teal. I got the no strings promo on both those.

Nothing on this one, but that makes sense as I only list half a dozen a month.

I only got the best offers promo, not the others, which I usually do get.  I don't think there's any rhyme or reason with some of their promos.  

I had a 30% off fvf promo on this ID that lasted till yesterday.  I could do with a few more of those promos!

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply