New ways eBay is making life hard for occasional private sellers

Am I the only one offended by eBay's grabbing the buyers money and telling sellers "Trust us  you have been paid" go ahead and send the item now but with no sign of the money in our accounts . And then several days later they own up to having received the money and will send it on to us minus their fees of course in a day or so.

Further to this they are charging us the paypal 3.5% even though the money doesn't go to paypal at all but eventually , to our bank account perhaps 5 or 6 days after the payment was made.

Am I just being picky about this or do others think even by eBay standards this is over the top.

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: New ways eBay is making life hard for occasional private sellers

Sorry, it is not optional. I am not a seller, but I have seen many threads, and I am pretty sure it is not optional. 

Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

Nope, not optional

Well

Unless a seller stops selling, there *is* that option

Otherwise

Nope

Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Again, you are only confirming that you are totally clueless on the issue of managed payments.  There is nothing immoral or obscene about the requirements,  the issue of bank account passwords is not an issue as it is only used as part of a world recognized account identification system, known as the micro deposit identification system.  The password is not retained by ebay and in any event it can simply be changed after verification for those who believe it is a security issue.   I also very much doubt that you are aware, that ebay can be instructed at any time to obtain further information from sellers and upon any such request a seller will be given a deadline to comply, any refusal or failure to comply will result in all sales funds being frozen.

While you claim to keep abreast of matters that may affect other members, it would appear from reading your posts  for many years, while refraining from commenting, that the majority of your posts are biased and from an ill-informed position.   Quite frankly most should come with a disclaimer.

---------------------------------------------------------

I should really have a good reply to this clumsy little attack of yours lol but I just really can't be bothered with it or you. Plus I'm not taking the bait.  *wink*

Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

it is optional in that if you don't sign up, you can always sell elsewhere.

If you want to continue to sell on eBay, you will have to stay with Managed Payments.

Regardless of what people who have no experience in selling under MP (the ones who highlight the 'o' in wrote, especially) say, I have actual real-time experience with it.

It is not onerous. The fees are generally no more than combined eBay and Paypal fees, the money hits my bank account every Tuesday about lunchtime.

I don't have to reconcile 2 separate sales fees, so the occasional 1c more I pay with MP is more than offset by the time I don't have to spend checking PP for their fees.

Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

O

Ha ha ha - still annoyed you did not get accepted when you asked to join the group huh?

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply