Next step after buyer opens a request ans issue is resolved/

This morning I received an email from ebay "Your buyer opened a request because their item hasn't arrived". I keep good records and was able to determine the date the item was posted (19/5) and the accompanying tracking number (TN) which I uploaded at the time I marked the item sent.

So I checked the TN on the AusPost website which showed the parcel had been awaiting collection at the buyer's local PO since 25/5. I sent a screenshot of this to the buyer and suggested she call in at her LPO. Received an email back just now saying she now had the item (no apology of course) .

My question is - what do I now do about the open request? There doesn't seem to be any way of indicating the buyer has now received her item. Do I do nothing? Does buyer need to do something?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Next step after buyer opens a request ans issue is resolved/

OP, definitely follow the advice above and talk to online chat support about it rather than letting it carry through the regular process and time frame.

They might even resolve it on the spot for you - they've done so for me in the past when there was no point in letting it play out.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

I''ll email her and ask her to close the request.

Emailed her and she actually did close the request..

I'm hoping she did so as she was embarrassed by her inappropraiate response to not having her item, when she could have so easily checked the tracking number I supplied her and found her parcel had been waiting at her local PO for nearly 2 weeks. .

So all over now thank goodness.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Oh yay - a reasonable buyer!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

yes that will happen if its not the same delivery suburb as buyer.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply