No More Feedback

After many, many years of working so very hard to maintain a 100% positive rating, and in turn making eBay rich, I get a negative feedback for a $5.99 sale without any opportunity to respond to the buyer or offer a refund.  It has shaken me and for the next year I will have to look at it and contend with something not of my making and not in my control at all.

The eBay feedback system doesn't seem to work for honest, dedicated and extremely hard working sellers like me.  I've been shafted with the click of a button. It is so very disturbing and unsettling, I can't believe it has happened. It is also my understanding, when a negative feed back is received, it can affect not only ratings but how your listings may show, among other deep-seated AI which we'll never understand. This situation is causing me great pain and suffering, no end.

As I've done my best to approach the buyer and eBay about this, including a report, I've not had a single reply. This should not have happened in this way at all and there will now be no end to the pain and suffering.

So, at the very least, I'm forced to take a stand myself, as so many other sellers have had to do given eBay's poor track record in their delinquent support of sellers. From now on, I will not leave feedback. The feedback system is so bad in its current form, it does not deserve to be supported. Maybe if there are others caught like this, there should be a union of some sort, perhaps legal, to force change because it is livelihoods like mine, our peace of mind and health, that is at stake.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

No More Feedback

I am not sure, as you do not say

How did you approach eBay?

What kind of report did you do?

Did you try sending the buyer a feedback revision request?

What about the buyer's feedback left for others?

Does that show they just leave every seller negs? / are a serial neg giver/ freebie hound/refund seeker?

Because if so, you can point that out to eBay

Sorry, but there is'nt going to be a force change happen, as you know, buyers have only been able to be given positive feedback for many, many years now

eBay could not care less if you leave feedback or not

It is voluntary after all 

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

your reply to feedback says it all - well done!

I recently got a neg for item not received (untracked)... refunded in full....and from a seller, no less!

You can't please everyone....some people are just angry!

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Did you actually talk/chat with ebay or just send an email.

Emails are bot driven and never answer the real problem.

That neg should be removed.  Feedback is about the purchase experience,  not the product.

Did you refund, and send them a feedback revision request?

Replying to Feedback you received for an item you sold | eBay

If they get a refund they may be happy to change their neg.

Not leasving feedback for your buyers does not ensure they won't leave feedback for you.

How is a seller responsible for whether a cream works or not?

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

Don't take it to heart so much. Its not personal and does not reflect upon you or your business. Its one persons negative opinion amidst the majorities positive opinions. Some people who leave a negative, do so without consideration as to how it will affect you personally. It won't ruin your business. Yes you will have to look at it a long time. I also received a negative without being given the opportunity to resolve the customers issues, they just left it. I was heartbroken but if I wanted to move forward, I had to get over it and realize that sometimes the world is not fair. Retail is what it is, you get lovely buyers, indifferent buyers and nasty buyers. The feedback system is one sided. If a delivery company delivers late its the sellers fault in a customers eyes. Basically everything is the sellers fault , for that is the first place of contact for a customer. It is what it is, bitter sweet. Roll with the punches and move on or move out.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

"pain and suffering"

Over a comment from a stranger on the interweb... give me break.

"I will not leave feedback"

That'll learn em & ease your pain & suffering.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

How is a seller responsible for whether a cream works or not?

Heck, I've had a neg removed because the buyer didn't like the ending of a book.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

Sooner or later, all sellers will get a neg, no matter what we do.

Your feedback to the buyer is perfect - what you have written is good for FUTURE buyers to read and see how you have responded. It would not stop the vast majority of people from buying from you.

Honestly, do not let it bother you. A neg will not affect your account - you will really only incur a defect and loss of rank if you do not resolve a case that is opened against you, or don't dispatch within your handling time, etc

Many buyers do not want to contact the seller - they simply let fly with their fingers. 

Lastly, I never leave feedback until I get it from the buyer.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

Feedback is a thing of the past and eBay is moving towards product Reviews like on Amazon, hence the big increase in text space last year.  Amazon don't give buyers feedback.  We now get feedback from 1 in 20 sales and have stopped giving buyers feedback unless requested.

Feedback favours the buyer and let's them vent when something goes wrong and if it does, you can always count on them using it regardless of situation !  When you get a negative, respond with plain facts and turn it around to your advantage.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

I guess the only thing to do is to cop it and move on, as others have suggested here also. Ebay's feedback review system is terrible, and a recent example is that of a buyer leaving me negative feedback stating that the item was used, while the item was listed as a pre-owned item and stated multiple times in the listing. Needless to say, ebay refused to intervene.

Another example is when when buyer bought the wrong item and wanted me to pay for return postage. Ebay rep assured me that I should refuse and they will remove any negative feedback (yes, I still have a copy of that correspondence!). A neg came immediately after my refusal as expected, and repeated requests to ebay resulted in no response.

So take a deep breath and move on with life if continuing to sell on ebay

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply