No More Feedback

After many, many years of working so very hard to maintain a 100% positive rating, and in turn making eBay rich, I get a negative feedback for a $5.99 sale without any opportunity to respond to the buyer or offer a refund.  It has shaken me and for the next year I will have to look at it and contend with something not of my making and not in my control at all.

The eBay feedback system doesn't seem to work for honest, dedicated and extremely hard working sellers like me.  I've been shafted with the click of a button. It is so very disturbing and unsettling, I can't believe it has happened. It is also my understanding, when a negative feed back is received, it can affect not only ratings but how your listings may show, among other deep-seated AI which we'll never understand. This situation is causing me great pain and suffering, no end.

As I've done my best to approach the buyer and eBay about this, including a report, I've not had a single reply. This should not have happened in this way at all and there will now be no end to the pain and suffering.

So, at the very least, I'm forced to take a stand myself, as so many other sellers have had to do given eBay's poor track record in their delinquent support of sellers. From now on, I will not leave feedback. The feedback system is so bad in its current form, it does not deserve to be supported. Maybe if there are others caught like this, there should be a union of some sort, perhaps legal, to force change because it is livelihoods like mine, our peace of mind and health, that is at stake.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

No More Feedback

Please don't worry too much about that neg any more. I know it is bitterly disappointing after all this time to get one when you don't deserve it.

I am a buyer these days and I can tell you now, 100% that it would not stop me buying from you. I always check feedback and what I would take away from that comment is the buyer didn't find that particular cream effective for whatever ailed them.  Perhaps they bought the wrong type of cream. That doesn't make you a bad seller. The only thing it may do is make some buyers hesitate to buy that particular cream but it depends on what is causing their skin condition. 

You gave sensible feedback. Personally, on principle, I wouldn't be offering them a refund. Just wear the neg, everyone who is on ebay long enough will get some.

You could use ebay chat to ask for removal of the feedback. I am not sure if ebay intends feedback only for the buying experience these days. They have dramatically increased how much buyers can say and a lot of comments I see are half half and have comments about the product. But you can ask, it's worth a try.

But after that, try not to worry any more about it. Buyers won't.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

ten_bay
Community Member

Complete Rip Off - tries to scan all sellers to get "FREE" money back BEWARE BEWARE!!!! CREEP AS WELL, MESSAGES 30 - 50 TIMES PER DAY. Not cool

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

So why did you leave Positive Feedback for them?

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

Exactly

A buyer who 'scans' (sic) all sellers but they are rewarded with a big green tick

Encourages them to keep doing it

I would'nt be buying from any seller who rewards people like that

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

I am not sure it is the same buyer who left negative fb. Their initials are different, and the buyer who left negative fb has a blue star, while the buyer the seller left a fake positive fb for has a purple star. The principle is the same though - the positive fb is fake.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

So why did you leave Positive Feedback for them?

"Wipes coffee off screen at the buyer's response................"

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

arctoph_49
Community Member

The seller didn't leave fake positive feedback for the latest buyer he had a problem with for a reason. 😂

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

Where is this negative of which you speak. ??

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

I think the latest replies are to message #12 (and its poster). Mine was at least.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

No More Feedback

@papermoon.lady wrote:

I think the latest replies are to message #12 (and its poster). Mine was at least.

Mine too.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply