No contact from successful bidder

mickakako
Community Member

I have recently sold an item on ebay and have sent the invoice to the successful bidder. However, he has not contacted me to arrange pick-up. What can/should I do?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check the policies,buyers have up to 4 days to pay.

And I understand that you're a new seller but by sending an invoice immediately makes you look like

you're desperate and probably annoys buyers.

So yes be patient and if after 4 days you haven't been paid,the buyer hasn't picked the item up then

open an item not paid case,and if the buyer hasn't paid within another 4 days you can then close the case

and get your fees back.

I'll let you in on a little secret not many people know so don't tell anyone,some buyers don't pay but hopefully

your buyer does pay and it all ends well for you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If it was for the guitar...it only sold yesterday...be patient
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Check the policies,buyers have up to 4 days to pay.

And I understand that you're a new seller but by sending an invoice immediately makes you look like

you're desperate and probably annoys buyers.

So yes be patient and if after 4 days you haven't been paid,the buyer hasn't picked the item up then

open an item not paid case,and if the buyer hasn't paid within another 4 days you can then close the case

and get your fees back.

I'll let you in on a little secret not many people know so don't tell anyone,some buyers don't pay but hopefully

your buyer does pay and it all ends well for you.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

For the record -Sending the invoice immediately doesn't make you look desperate.

It makes you look organised, professional & efficient!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Easy way to deal with losers, send invoice straight after sale. In the case of a pick up send your contact number, along with best times for pick-up.

If they don't make any attempt, report unpaind item or just cancel the auction. Either way it should resolve after 7 days. 

Block the bidder, and move on.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I wait 2 days and if no response i then send send a message.

"Your item i is packed and awaiting payment  Regards"

most respond by paying or with a message

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@max-power-models wrote:

Easy way to deal with losers, send invoice straight after sale. In the case of a pick up send your contact number, along with best times for pick-up.

If they don't make any attempt, report unpaind item or just cancel the auction. Either way it should resolve after 7 days. 

Block the bidder, and move on.

I wouldn't be cancelling the auction, hit them with an unpaid dispute. Why give them the satisfaction of getting away with it? Besides, if they get a cancellation request and they decline it, the seller loses their fees. The buyer can also trash their feedback. Always do an unpaid in these situations. Let them get strikes and suffer the consequences of not being able to buy from a lot of sellers.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Yes sorry, perhaps desperate was the wrong word to use for a newbie seller, I am sorry OP.

You need to be classed as a Professional and organised and efficient newbie Woman Happy

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

"I'll let you in on a little secret not many people know so don't tell anyone,some buyers don't pay but hopefully
your buyer does pay and it all ends well for you. " I don't think that's a secret for long if your trading on ebay!
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
Some "losers" like to blame everyone else for their stuff ups, don't they?
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply