No feedback showing beside amt. sold on any of my listings

Does anybody know how to get the feedback to show on a listing beside the amt. sold  ? i have had a horrible experience trying to get my problem resolved over the last 2 weeks. 15 times i have explained the problem to different people on chats  and emails , and one phone call from someone in India i think.Spent over 11 hours of my time.. I have had a store (au.) for about 4 months now. have 33 listings , reached top seller, but no feedback showing on any listing, it shows where it says 5 star . 230 reciews ,,

They are trying to  say it is by special invitation, ha, every one elses feedback shows , just not mine ..

Their support is absolute rubbish.. No such thing as tech support.. Tried to ring the Sydney office and is just a recorded message to say go to ebay help..

thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Feedback  is shown next to the item in Orders.   The trouble is with most computers or phones - it is way way over to the right, and therefore off screen.      If you move your screen along to the right, you can see the little symbols for feedback given and received.

feedback symbol.JPG

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Curra, I think the OP is talking about reviews rather than eBay feedback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

silly me 😀

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I think the OP is referring to the pop-up link next to quantity sold that shows recent feedback a seller has received for that specific item. 

I have it on some listings, maybe around half from nearly 600. I haven't figured out the whys or the hows yet, though. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

this was my last reply, can't make heads or tails of it . can you understand it ?  thanks dg.

I understand that you have listings on your account against which it is showing as quantity sold and there are other sellers against whom it shows feedback. Ideally, with the sellers, if they have chosen to show the quantity available on the listing, the quantity available and quantity sold is visible, but as for the feedback, this appears to be a new feature which is being tested on the site to see if this feature is helpful for the buyers, how many times to do they click on it and does it lead to sales thereafter. Hence, it is not available to all the sellers.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

JUST LOOKED AT YOUR EBAY.. I HAVE BOUGHT FROM YOU LOL

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@slowjigsaustralia wrote:

this was my last reply, can't make heads or tails of it . can you understand it ?  thanks dg.

I understand that you have listings on your account against which it is showing as quantity sold and there are other sellers against whom it shows feedback. Ideally, with the sellers, if they have chosen to show the quantity available on the listing, the quantity available and quantity sold is visible, but as for the feedback, this appears to be a new feature which is being tested on the site to see if this feature is helpful for the buyers, how many times to do they click on it and does it lead to sales thereafter. Hence, it is not available to all the sellers.

 Its pretty self explanatory really. The feature you are referring to is being trialed by ebay on some experienced sellers, but not available to everyone. Ebay regularly trial different things with more experienced sellers, before either making them a feature right across the system, or scrapping it.

This is quite obvious with managed payments. Selected sellers with thousands of feedbacks where invited to take part in trials of the system around 18 months ago, before it was really announced to the wider ebay community. Most ebay sellers are now on the system, but some new and low feedback score accounts are still on paypal, not having transitioned to managed payments yet.

I have the feature on one selling id on some product lines that have sold 30 - 150 items including recent sales history, but not on items which might have only sold a dozen items. On my other lower feedback selling id's I dont have the feature at all.

The secret with ebay is to not sweat and waste time on the small stuff. If its working and you are selling stuff, just get on with it and dont worry about the endless minor glitches and anomolies unless they are having major impacts on your sales. If you start worrying about this sort of thing and phoning ebay CS 15 times it will do your head in with no change or result. That's all time you could have spent listing or packing.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

😮Must've been a while ago as I haven't listed anything for yonks lol.

chameleon's right about what the ebay rep was trying to say, but  the feature has been around for ages, and usually when a site has a feature in trial mode, some members will have the feature accessible, some won't, but of those that do, the data collected from how it's used is only generally useful if that feature is available everywhere.

i.e. You can't get useful data about the use of a feature if a member in the test can't use it the same way all the time, because then you can't get reliable data about when they choose not to use it, though I guess they might be trying to see if buyers will check all feedback for a seller if they can't access feedback for the item on the listing. 🤔 

I did notice that all of the listings of mine that had it, had several FB for the last 6 months. My items with recent feedback didn't seem to have it, even if they have been listed for a long time and do actually have FB history going back 6mo+ 👾 (There's no "scratch head in confusion emoji" but that bug looks potentially itchy so it'll do 🤣 ). 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

yer you are right..did my head in. they told me to end all my listings and re list them .then they would show feedback.. wrong hey.. all it did was make all the amt. sold go back to 0. and has cost me about 500 to 700 bucks a week in sales since.. just have to build up buyer confidence again like i did in January when i started..thanks

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply