No more Aus Post discounts for using eBay?

Hi

Before Aus Post put up their prices the other week, I used to get discounts on various postage costs. I typically used the $8.95 packages using my own packaging, which is now $9.15. It never changes now and is always $9.15. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I add buyer pays for post on all my items and when I used to "print postage label". eBay would add these postage costs to my fees and at the end of the month they became part of my eBay invoice.

I'd typically enter my weight and dimensions and click print. But the interface is slightly different now and instead of just adding postage costs to my invoice, it now says I have to purchase an Aus Post label each time. Is this right, or am I doing something wrong? I gather I am not being billed twice for the postage costs? Where for example buyer is supposed to pay $9.15, eBay bills me for that, then I pay $9.15 for a label and thus end up paying $18.30 for the postage of that one item?

I haven't received an invoice as yet, as I've only just gone to managed payments, but I thought it was all being deducted and I'm left with the remainder. If I'm paying for labels myself, what am I being invoiced for?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ebay managed payments means that you pay as you go now.

A much better option for your labels is to open a My Post Business account with Australia Post.   It costs nothing, you link it to your ebay account - and then print your labels there.    The link means that the addresses and other information at automatically inserted into your order, just like in ebay.

And the good news is even if you only do 5 parcels a week, you will qualify for the band  1 discount.

https://auspost.com.au/mypost-business/auth/email

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

A much better option for your labels is to open a My Post Business account with Australia Post.   It costs nothing, you link it to your ebay account - and then print your labels there.    The link means that the addresses and other information at automatically inserted into your order, just like in ebay.

And the good news is even if you only do 5 parcels a week, you will qualify for the band  1 discount.

https://auspost.com.au/mypost-business/auth/email

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, so when I go to my account overview and account summary and it says "current balance", that will be just my Aus Post/Sendle costs will it? So when I purchase a label, it's eBay paying for it. They bill me, then reimburse Aus Post/Sendle yeah?

@curraone wrote:

A much better option for your labels is to open a My Post Business account with Australia Post.   It costs nothing

Yeah, I opened one last year after I saw an advertisement for 30% discount on some postage costs. But I never started using it. The main reason being, is that I thought the discounts were only for local addresses. Whereas probably 90% of my items go interstate. Or am I reading that wrong? The 2nd reason was that I thought by using this method, didn't allow for tracking, unless I paid for it, when eBay was doing it for free. The third reason was I assumed that because I was already getting discounts on most items I posted through eBay using Aus Post, that the saving wouldn't add up to much. 

@curraone wrote:

you link it to your ebay account - and then print your labels there.    The link means that the addresses and other information at automatically inserted into your order, just like in ebay.

I wasn't clear on how all this worked and the people at Aus Post asked me to ring the business section to ask them how it all worked. The guy I spoke to was extremely patronising and apathetic and I ended up rage quitting and went back to what I was doing. Looks like I will have to work it out now. Is there a good procedure anywhere on how to do it all? Because I don't want to ring and speak to bad support staff.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Not all ebay costs are covered by managed payments, as you have only just started on managed payments. You will obviously have carryover costs, store fees & any promoted item fees are not currently covered by MP

and I don't think postage labels are either, not 100% sure on that as I use mypost business, cheaper & 24hr support.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I would just follow the prompts, it is quite easy.   And yes, after you have linked your ebay account, it will download the tracking nos back into your ebay, and notify your buyers of the no.

And it applies to all your postage labels, domestic and international.

Band 1 savings is for 8 parcels over 8 weeks

Band 2 savings is for 40 parcels over 8 weeks

and so on.

You won't be sorry.    

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Not all ebay costs are covered by managed payments, as you have only just started on managed payments. You will obviously have carryover costs, store fees & any promoted item fees are not currently covered by MP

and I don't think postage labels are either, not 100% sure on that as I use mypost business, cheaper & 24hr support.

Ahh ok, no worries. I'll have to wait until the invoice comes to see what is on it. Thanks.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@mobius2011 wrote:

@curraone wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, so when I go to my account overview and account summary and it says "current balance", that will be just my Aus Post/Sendle costs will it? So when I purchase a label, it's eBay paying for it. They bill me, then reimburse Aus Post/Sendle yeah?

@curraone wrote:

A much better option for your labels is to open a My Post Business account with Australia Post.   It costs nothing

Yeah, I opened one last year after I saw an advertisement for 30% discount on some postage costs. But I never started using it. The main reason being, is that I thought the discounts were only for local addresses. Whereas probably 90% of my items go interstate. Or am I reading that wrong? The 2nd reason was that I thought by using this method, didn't allow for tracking, unless I paid for it, when eBay was doing it for free. The third reason was I assumed that because I was already getting discounts on most items I posted through eBay using Aus Post, that the saving wouldn't add up to much. 

@curraone wrote:

you link it to your ebay account - and then print your labels there.    The link means that the addresses and other information at automatically inserted into your order, just like in ebay.

I wasn't clear on how all this worked and the people at Aus Post asked me to ring the business section to ask them how it all worked. The guy I spoke to was extremely patronising and apathetic and I ended up rage quitting and went back to what I was doing. Looks like I will have to work it out now. Is there a good procedure anywhere on how to do it all? Because I don't want to ring and speak to bad support staff.

Mypost business  discounts apply world wide. tracking is included at no cost.  The discounts are now variable depending on destination and the more you ship the greater your discount band.

I found the ability to correct addresses much easier (thats why I switched originally).  Plus 24hr online support.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

I would just follow the prompts, it is quite easy.   And yes, after you have linked your ebay account, it will download the tracking nos back into your ebay, and notify your buyers of the no.

And it applies to all your postage labels, domestic and international.

Band 1 savings is for 8 parcels over 8 weeks

Band 2 savings is for 40 parcels over 8 weeks

and so on.

You won't be sorry.    

Ok, thanks, I'll just try and wing it. When i spoke to the guy in support he was like, yeah, download a report from ebay to excel. Export it. Import it into Aus post, add all the customer details and I was like hey?! From that point on, he was very condescending, so I gave up. 

Ok, if I won't be sorry and since I can't get discounts directly through eBay anymore, looks like I'm backed into a corner and have to adapt. I'd definitely do more than 40 parcels in 8 weeks. Thanks. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Ok, thanks, I'll just try and wing it. When i spoke to the guy in support he was like, yeah, download a report from ebay to excel. Export it. Import it into Aus post, add all the customer details and I was like hey?! From that point on, he was very condescending, so I gave up. 

Obviously someone who doesn't know.   It has nothing to do with excel.     You link  your ebay account and it is all done automatically - chose "import ebay orders"

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply