No more 'free' auto relists for auctions

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/relisting-items?id=4147

I can't take credit for discovering this.  It was posted by someone else in another thread but I thought it was important enough to start a separate thread on it.

It'd pay people to read it for themselves but basically, any auto relists on auctions listed using the advanced listing tool will come off your freebie allowance or you'll be charged insertion fees.

It'd be really good if ebay would make everyone aware of major changes like this!!

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: No more 'free' auto relists for auctions

So would I be correct in thinking everytime the auctions auto relist it comes of the 40 freebies.

Message 21 of 41
Latest reply

Not yet...I am still getting 8 free relists....while they still say free....it's free!
You will only be charged again, if after the 8 free relists you still have not sold, and want to go again
Message 22 of 41
Latest reply

so twyngyn they would end up in your unsold not relisted authomatically (as opposed to the GTC auto relisting?)

Message 23 of 41
Latest reply

@onekiwi0 wrote:

so twyngyn they would end up in your unsold not relisted authomatically (as opposed to the GTC auto relisting?)

Correct, any auction listing that has relisted 8 times will then go to unsold and not relist until instructed to.

image host
Message 24 of 41
Latest reply

yes 🙂
Message 25 of 41
Latest reply

pursson
Community Member

Apologies for reviving this old thread, but it's the only relevant one I could find.

I'm a casual non-store seller, all of $52 gross sales last month, and used to get 8 free relists, but recently noticed by chance this has stopped. This means instead of having an average 100 items listed it will become around a dozen.

I don't use any listing tools, and have nothing new to list atm, I was just trying to relist some unsold items.

eBay sets the rules and i abide by them, but I'd like to add my voice to those who think eBay should advise people about changes that are likely to cause them a detriment.Cat Mad

Like some others here i prefer the old All Selling page, which has all the information I need on one page, and I have it bookmarked for when eBay decides to change it to the new one.

cheers

pursson

Message 26 of 41
Latest reply

The free relists and other bonus listings have always been a bonus rather than a right.

Never base your business around a promotion that can disappear at ebay's whim.

Message 27 of 41
Latest reply

Thanks for your viiews, Lyndall.

Since I started selling on eBay some 4 years ago there have alwways been free relistings, first 3, then 8, so from where I stand, they made a change, and one that was not communicated to me, even though they left the relistings boxes checked, making it easy for the unsuspecting to be hit with $1.65 relists. I don't think this is fair emough.

cheers

pursson

Message 28 of 41
Latest reply

try listing something>>>>revise>>>>>it might reappear.....happens all the time
Message 29 of 41
Latest reply

Clear out your cookies and cache. Change the option to all time, rather than the last month, before clearing. Then, as suggested, try to list an item, then revise it to see if the box appears. Sometimes if the site is glitchy, it can take a few days for the box to reappear. Also, if you have access to the mobile app, often revising a listing in there will see the box appear when it's not showing on your computer.

Message 30 of 41
Latest reply