No reason for payment to be on hold.

frawri_55
Community Member

I sold a guitar for $3500 no my buyer was delighted. However, EBAY, after deducting, and therefore taking their commission, are still holding the balance of $3k. This is a disgusting abuse of their process and I can only assume they are trying to optimise any interest they receive from their bank whilst the money sits in their account. It will be over a month before they ‘might’ pay me the balance.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The interest on held funds excuse has been done to death by people who believe the policy they agreed to when listing won’t really apply them and then find out they do indeed apply

Your heading states no reason for funds to be on hold

Why do you believe that the policy that applies to every single other new seller should not apply to you?

Prior to the guitar you had zero feedback as a seller

selling one item you are still a new seller

That’s right, the 30 day hold will and does

Assuming you completed sign up to Managed Payments and were verified to sell

You won’t be paid at all if you failed to do so

You ticked you had read and agreed to the terms when you listed the item

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Try reading up on selling,  T&Cs, Payment Holds for new sellers  etc etc etc.

No,  payments on hold do not accrue interest, and it is illegal for them to do so, so your assumption is wrong.

Yes, your funds will be rightfully held for 30 days, best security measure  ebay ever introduced,, about 7yrs ago.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

can you explain what the ''disgusting abuse of their process is"",  when you clearly hit the big button that said you had read the T&C's and that you agreed with them.    oh or didnt you read them,

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

They will pay you the balance after the 30 day hold, but you desperately need to read up the links that imastawka provided.

The 30 day hold is just a security measure and applies to all new or occasional sellers.

$3500 is a lot of money though and you do need to ensure you are signed up to managed payments, because unless you are, your money will be in limbo with ebay unable to transfer it to you. 

So while you are waiting , go through the links, double check your managed payment account or sign up if you haven't already done so.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply