Non Paying Bidders

kicks79
Community Member

Ebay is severely broken as a selling tool.

Almost 40% of my listings end with a non paying bidder.

As a seller I can't leave negative feedback and non paid item strikes act as no detternt to these people. Im hard pressed trying to see where these strikes appear on their profiles anyway. Lots of buyers never leave feedback anyway so the whole system is a joke.

Unpaid item cases mean that my item is lost in the void for eight days whilst a case is open. 99% of these end in non payment. 

Im loosing money as by the time the case is resolved. the second highest bidder has usually bought a simlair item somewhere else.

I know Ebay has to look after buyers, but without equal treatment for sellers. There will be no items for anyone to purchase.

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: Non Paying Bidders

No Joe you cannot ask a member to "put up an item number" irt violates ebay posting policy by

Posting item listing reports or member violations.

it also

advertises listings or merchandise (ie advertisements direct you to a product... alisting number directs you to...wait for it

a product)

So by asking for a member to post a listing number you are

"Encouraging others to violate eBay policies or the eBay User Agreement"

just my opinion though Joe.

You have read the policy. I am interested in your interpretation

... I have shown you mine..... now please .... show me yours?

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 71 of 100
Latest reply

i am not after opinions  , you came here after my question can you ask the op for an item number, now its your opinion, 

so i will ask   the board mods , as i dont know . and you2 are going are sitting on a fence.  

can you answere this  yes or no.  not opinion  2 questions   so that i will know in the future. not ifs or buts 

question 1 can i ask the op a question like could you put the item number up so we can pos help as a lot have done before. yes or no

question 2 can a poster mention this particular website on a post as a few have done before . yes or no 

i am not after opinions  i am after the only answere .  thanks joe

Message 72 of 100
Latest reply

Joe, I have already answered question 2, you just aren't listening to the answer (as usual). 

Question 1 is a grey area and I suggest you ask eBay for the answer, I doubt the mods will have a definitive answer, they work for Lithium, not eBay.

I doubt the OP cares either way, with all your nit-picking posts they don't seem to be able to get a word in edgeways (that is if they wanted to, which I doubt, as they seem to have only been looking for a chance to vent. They haven't responded once to the thread since they posted it!)

Cheers,

Penny
Message 73 of 100
Latest reply

in other words you dont know   i was asking colic  but thats fine  yes or no   not opinions   remember i am refering to colic messaging me the policy  but cant seam to answere it.  sorry i thought the mods were in charge on what goes down on these posts , and they take off words or things that are not allowed.   i must be wrong. 

Message 74 of 100
Latest reply

the only one sitting on the fence is you Joe.

You have read the policy but  either have no opinion, are totally confused  or you just choose not to share it.

In fact if we can believe what you type then you have asked lithium to guide you.

I wondered why you did not jus that do that privately and then act and supply your opinion accordingly?

I await with bated breath for your response beginning with "lithium said"

... but  that will be the lithiums mods opinion Joe? Will you commit to an opinion then your self?

I proffer that commitment to what you type is not in your forum etiquette

Refusing to contribute with your thoughts after reading the policy as others have done is in my opinion ignorant in the

extreme sense of the word.

Message 75 of 100
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

in other words you dont know   i was asking colic  but thats fine  yes or no   not opinions   remember i am refering to colic messaging me the policy  but cant seam to answere it.  sorry i thought the mods were in charge on what goes down on these posts , and they take off words or things that are not allowed.   i must be wrong. 

They have bots that look for and remove certain words,(that's not done by the moderators).

The mods remove item numbers,seller ID's and anything that they see as negative.

The policy states that item numbers aren't allowed to be stated in the title,(the mods have since put a blanket

ban on any item number being posted).

So it doesn't matter what the policy says,(the mods say no item number so you can't post an item number

anywhere on the discussion boards).

It used to also be that if the item number was posted by an Op to help them with a query then that was fine,(

but that has been stopped as well).

The rules have been changed so that it looks like eBay works great and there are no problems,(that is

completely false and there are a great number of problems on eBay).

Anything that sees eBay in a negative manner will be removed by the mods,(it's basically their job to keep

an eye on the boards,but also to make certain that eBay is not seen in a negative way).

Message 76 of 100
Latest reply

for a start is it not the mods that control what is right from wrong here do tyey not delete posts and things , 

one of you posters say this the other says its a grey area ,how are we to know which one is right, do we use a crystal ball. 

and i asked you 2 queastions yes or no , as you seam to know lots of things about board policy and all.   i am asking as i dont know.  i have said i have seen lots of posters ask the op foe an item number , so i asume its alright to do so ,or is that not right.  i dont want a poly answere i want   1 and 2 answered yes or no   or you dont know thats all    its alright if you dont know.

Message 77 of 100
Latest reply

thank you tazz for explaining that to me, straight forward english.

now if you dont mind tazz can a website be named on a post , thank you in advance. as the policy can be a bit confussing.

Message 78 of 100
Latest reply

well this will  really confuse you...just my opinion though Joe.....

an excerpt from the bottom of the board usage policy

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-created-content-ov.html

Other Rules

While we may moderate or monitor any comment, we take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comment

posted by you or a third party.

So to answer your question Joe

Any comment may be moderested.......

Message 79 of 100
Latest reply

li.varia
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Please keep the discussion on topic and civil towards one another.  If you need clarification about the Discussion Board Usage Policies, please feel free to message a moderator at any time.

Since there specifically seems to be some confusion regarding item numbers: We do not allow item numbers to be posted in any derogatory way.  This includes any kind of shaming of the listing or the seller.  Posting the item number leads to revealing the identity of the seller someone may be complaining about.  This counts as "Posting item listing reports or member violations".  Asking users to post the item number would be seen as "Encouraging others to violate eBay policies or the eBay User Agreement".

We do not allow users to advertise websites or post links to any commercial websites.  Acceptable websites would be informational websites (for example, if someone needs help ID'ing an item).  The website should not have any kind of commercial aspect to it, as in, if you can purchase an item from the site, it is better to not post on the boards.  As usual, linking to any competitor/auction website is not allowed.

Again, please bring posts back on topic.  If the topic continues with off-topic posts, it will be locked and someone will need to create a new topic about the subject.

Regards,

Varia

Community Moderator

Varia
Community Moderator
Message 80 of 100
Latest reply