Non Paying Bidders

kicks79
Community Member

Ebay is severely broken as a selling tool.

Almost 40% of my listings end with a non paying bidder.

As a seller I can't leave negative feedback and non paid item strikes act as no detternt to these people. Im hard pressed trying to see where these strikes appear on their profiles anyway. Lots of buyers never leave feedback anyway so the whole system is a joke.

Unpaid item cases mean that my item is lost in the void for eight days whilst a case is open. 99% of these end in non payment. 

Im loosing money as by the time the case is resolved. the second highest bidder has usually bought a simlair item somewhere else.

I know Ebay has to look after buyers, but without equal treatment for sellers. There will be no items for anyone to purchase.

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: Non Paying Bidders

Sellers should be able to put negative feedback and not positive EBAY if the person doesbnt pay. Trolls are not welcome on ebay, just time wasters. Seems there is an unfair playing field here, buyers can do what they like.  If we try to warn future sellers The feedback still comes back as postive and we have to Scream out in CAPS.     If I have another non payer I will see if they are on facebook and OUT them.   

Message 91 of 100
Latest reply

i rekon ebay themselves should place a generic negitive on the buyers feedback after the non payment case is resolved, so the seller is taken out of the whole thing. but i doubt it will happen.

Message 92 of 100
Latest reply

Don't leave feedback then; you are only increasing their count.

And if a buyer complains about a false positive, eBay WILL remove the offending feedback and the seller WILL get a policy violation.

If they don't pay, there was no transaction, so there is no need of feedback.

If you out them on Facebook, you'd better hope they don't have a lot of friends.

Message 93 of 100
Latest reply

@recessionrose wrote:

Sellers should be able to put negative feedback and not positive EBAY if the person doesbnt pay. Trolls are not welcome on ebay, just time wasters. Seems there is an unfair playing field here, buyers can do what they like.  If we try to warn future sellers The feedback still comes back as postive and we have to Scream out in CAPS.     If I have another non payer I will see if they are on facebook and OUT them.   

Negative feedback doesn't stop buyers from buying. They could have 99 out of the last 100 being negative and they can still merrily buy. It's pointless. If you have buyer requirement blocks in place and all sellers open and close a non payment dispute, then the buyer does have trouble buying from a lot of sellers.

As for leaving them feedback, why would you want to increase their feedback amount? Screaming out in caps is equally as pointless because it doesn't take long for your feedback to disappear onto the next page, never to be seen again. IF a seller checks a buyers feedback, most only check the first page. Sellers are more interested in the feedback left for others.

The other thing about leaving a false positive is, no-one knows who you left it for but you, so also pointless doing it. All we can see is an anonymised name with a coloured star. Only you can see the buyers name. Then there is the policy violation you will cop if you get caught. You don't want to get too many of them or eBay will shut you down.

Message 94 of 100
Latest reply

Sellers cannot leave negative feedack for buyers.  That is a fact unfortunately.

However, every time you experience a non-payer, you have two options.  You can message the non-payer politely asking if there is an issue with delayed payment, and if there is no response, open an UPI dispute after a reasonable amount of time.

Every buyer/bidder who has a UPI against them will receive a 'strike'.  After receiving 2 strikes, such buyers/bidders will find their buying restricted as most sellers have blocks in place for this very reason.

Message 95 of 100
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@recessionrose wrote:

Negative feedback doesn't stop buyers from buying. They could have 99 out of the last 100 being negative and they can still merrily buy. It's pointless. If you have buyer requirement blocks in place and all sellers open and close a non payment dispute, then the buyer does have trouble buying from a lot of sellers.

As for leaving them feedback, why would you want to increase their feedback amount? Screaming out in caps is equally as pointless because it doesn't take long for your feedback to disappear onto the next page, never to be seen again. IF a seller checks a buyers feedback, most only check the first page. Sellers are more interested in the feedback left for others.

The other thing about leaving a false positive is, no-one knows who you left it for but you,  so also pointless doing it. All we can see is an anonymised name with a coloured star. Only you can see the buyers name. Then there is the policy violation you will cop if you get caught. You don't want to get too many of them or eBay will shut you down.

tippy toes wrote
http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Buyer-wants-full-refund/m-p/1890219#U1890219

"If they refuse to remove it (don't give up the first time), reply to it and leave the buyers username in the comment so everyone can see who it is. Something like "<username> is a serial negger. Check feedback left for others".

contradiction
kɒntrəˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: contradiction; plural noun: contradictions

a combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another.
"the proposed new system suffers from a set of internal contradictions"

a situation in which inconsistent elements are present.
"the paradox of using force to overcome force is a real contradiction"

We used to be able to do that and cancel bids and block that buyer when sellers could leave negatives..... and that's

how another seller's feedback input can trigger another seller to block and stop a bad buyer from buying.

So, tippy toes are you for feedback outing shonky buyers or not???

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 96 of 100
Latest reply

supposition
ˌsʌpəˈzɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: supposition; plural noun: suppositions

a belief held without proof or certain knowledge; an assumption or hypothesis.

"negative feeback does not stop buyers from buying."

"If you have buyer requirement blocks in place and all sellers open and close a non payment dispute, then the buyer does have trouble buying from a lot of sellers."

" IF a seller checks a buyers feedback, most only check the first page."

" Sellers are more interested in the feedback left for others"

" The other thing about leaving a false positive is, no-one knows who you left it for but you,"

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 97 of 100
Latest reply

The non paying issue has ruined ebay its got worse I get at least 2 a week
ive now resorted to selling on other sites. But my advice is if ebay wont warn sellers then you do use emojis for danger on feedback and state that they are non payers the more people do this the more buyers will be hesitant not to pay. Buyer never leave positive feedback, non payers.not fair for buyer
Message 98 of 100
Latest reply

@princess_l1 wrote:
The non paying issue has ruined ebay its got worse I get at least 2 a week
ive now resorted to selling on other sites. But my advice is if ebay wont warn sellers then you do use emojis for danger on feedback and state that they are non payers the more people do this the more buyers will be hesitant not to pay. Buyer never leave positive feedback, non payers.not fair for buyer

It's a violation of eBay policy to leave a false positive for a buyer. You can have your account shut down for repeated offences. Besides, leaving false feedback does nothing if sellers sell with the buy it now option as it doesn't stop them buying.

Do you have buyer requirement blocks in place to stop the serial pests? Most people that come on here that complain of having several a week don't have blocks in place. Of course, there are always first time offenders that aren't stopped, but they most certainly stop the repeat offenders from buying from you. http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Message 99 of 100
Latest reply

leaving false feedback does nothing if sellers sell with the buy it now option as it doesn't stop them buying.

Also for auctions when buyers bid in the last few minutes.

image host
Message 100 of 100
Latest reply