Non - Paying Buyers Galore!

25 cases still open at the moment. One buyer proceeded to purchase 38 items before simply disappearing. We had to block her before she bought more or she may have purchased our entire inventory.

I think that some buyers mistake the Buy It Now buttons on Ebay for the remote control on their cable TVs.

I doubt very much whether Ebay ever closes a buyer’s account because they do not pay.  Most of these non-payers are repeat offenders by their own admission. They say things like "What your problem? Other sellers don't care whether I cancel!"

Our Blocked List grows longer by the minute. Once buyer recently complained to Ebay that she was not allowed to buy from us anymore and Ebay staff wrote us a courtesy email on her bahalf. lol.

I can now empathise with other sellers [bigger sellers than us] who have this happen on a regular basis. Unless Ebay takes some kind of action,  this will continue to happen.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Non - Paying Buyers Galore!

There has been a lot this month! I don't think people care if they get a mark beside their name and if they get suspend they just register under a different email and user name etc. Ebay needs to come up with something to deal with this I really don't know what but it is shocking how many there is going around.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

when i buy something I always email straight away when i intend to pay, but some sellers . Don't seem to read their emails. Now i have an unpaid item from a (o) feedback buyer . 5hrs hours past and two emails and still no rely.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Probably have it auto-setup.

You could always contact the seller BEFORE you buy, or only buy within 4 days of your intention to pay. Or even pay when you 'buy'.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I have one of those at the moment, that I've sent 3 emails, and it's been 7 days no reply. Does anyone know how long I have to wait before I can go and sell it else where?

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I've had a few lately....

I've got a  buyer at the moment, 0 feedback, has bought 2 items off me.

first item was sold 25/7, second item yesterday..

hasn't contacted me about either yet,
i checked the address and not right (according to google map) Anyone heard of a street ending in Rice? As in street, court, close, road, RICE??? 

strangest thing is that they have been a member of ebay for 3 years.... but there is no feedback for them at all...

and i can't access their bidding history coz ebay reckons the page is not responding....

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply