Non Paying Buyers

I am confused  as to E bay's Policies and procedures regarding non paying buyers, I recently had the same buyer bid and win on over 20 of my items, I was concerned initially because the bidder had no feeedback but during the cause of my auctions feedback was left for the person which was positive.   However no contact from the buyer over 3 emails left me to open an unpaid item dispute, since that time the person has received "positive" feedback from other sellers all with the same message, that the person has not paid for their items.

My question is when does EBAY step in and ban this buyer, it seems on EBAY that all the onus and goodwill is down to the seller with little consequences for these serial pests

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Non Paying Buyers

OPen up unpaid cases for all of them ASAP then block them.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

As annie has said, open the NPB disputes and the buyer will be issued with a strike.

Had the other sellers done that, instead of just adding to the buyers Positive star rating, you

would not have found yourself on the receiving end of this silly buyer.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

pak335
Community Member

I NOT confused. eBay hated and hates sellers.

Crocks regularly does not pay and no one cares.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Even if the other sellers had closed non payer disputes unless you have the blocks in place to stop non payers from buying then they can still buy from you.

To put these blocks in place hover your mouse over account in your my ebay page and from the drop down click on Site Preferences then go down the list till you see Buyer requirements and to the right of that click on show then click on edit. From there you can put in place the blocks you want, to stop those you want to block from purchasing from you

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Please tell us the buyers

I sell in a small way and one buyer didn't pay or answer my polite emails. I opened an unpaid dispute and ebay blocked me from leaving any feedback.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You cannot name and shame on the boards...that goes for buyers as well as sellers.

Why would you want to leave positive feedback for a non paying bidder anyway ourtrudy?  Just as you were unable to leave feedback, neither could the buyer.  The buyers feedback would have done you a lot more harm than you leaving a false positive....that would have earned you a sanction.

If you opened and closed a dispute, giving the buyer a strike, they will soon be unable to buy from sellers who have their blocks in place.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I agree with your confusion. Sellers though,should not leave positive feedback with negative undertones even allowing for the fact they would almost certainly have issued UPI's and blocked the culprits. Sellers are simply becoming frustrated at the number of frivolous or serial non-payers which seem to have become a protected species in recent times. It is the lack of remedial action by eBay which is a very real concern. The number of non-payers in recent times is alarming.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

That's not actually the case, the feedback was left after the person bid on my items.My issue is that EBAY takes no action against these people, all onus is on the seller, with no protection,EBAY continues to take selling fees without regard for these pests. I consider myself a fair seller,I have cancelled transactions when buyers have made a mistake etc. and have reimbursed payments when items have not arrived or gone missing through the post at a cost to myself, it is not too difficult for EBAY to offer protections for sellers, after all that is where they make their profits

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Open a NPB case, close it when you can, get your FVF back. Can't see a huge amount of profit for eBay there.

I admit to being a bit annoyed. I just had 2. That doubles the number in the last 18 months. But, except for the 2 recent ones, the items sold anyway.

A cost of business, even though it's only a time cost.

You could always open a B&M. And then work out how much shoplifting cost you. More, I'd warrant.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply