Non paying bidders!!

I know this is a post that has been done before,but what can we,as a large community,do to make Ebay penalise non paying bidders?.This is becoming a big problem,as the non payers know that nothing will happen to them.You can't even leave negative feedback,not that this would do any good,as they will leave you negative feedback as a payback.Ebay goes on about looking after its members,well i think Ebay should put a plan in place to stamp out non payers.If they don't,what can we do to change their minds?.

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Non paying bidders!!

It sucks that you can't block deadbeat bidders until they already have two strikes against them. One strike should be enough. I've just been burned AGAIN and it makes me remember "back in my day" when I first joined ebay, if you didn't pay then the seller could leave well-deserved negative feedback, but now... the deadbeat loses nothing. 

Message 61 of 64
Latest reply

@sbell7782 wrote:

It sucks that you can't block deadbeat bidders until they already have two strikes against them. One strike should be enough. I've just been burned AGAIN and it makes me remember "back in my day" when I first joined ebay, if you didn't pay then the seller could leave well-deserved negative feedback, but now... the deadbeat loses nothing. 

Sigh................it's been said before but I'll say it again just for you. How on earth is a neg on a buyer going to help you with NPB's if they snipe or bid in the last few seconds of one of your auctions???????

At least with the strike system if they do get those 2 strikes or more you can auto-block them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 62 of 64
Latest reply

I'd agree that sellers should be able to block buyers with one strike.

Not a big fan of the FB system, especially not for vindictive sellers (and back in the day there were a few of them, just as you get some vindictive buyers these days)

But it wouldn't hurt if a non paying bidder who got a strike also had an ebay auto generated message added to FB that just said-Non paying bidder. And that deducted 1 from their score. That would be fair.

Message 63 of 64
Latest reply

I agree whole heardly, I am so annoyed with ebay I closed my shop yesterday after 10 years and will now be selling on my own site. All the sellers on ebay should band together (logistically I know that would be near impossible) and put their stores in holiday mode for a week and force ebay to loose millions. That would make my day ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 64 of 64
Latest reply