Non paying bidders!!

I know this is a post that has been done before,but what can we,as a large community,do to make Ebay penalise non paying bidders?.This is becoming a big problem,as the non payers know that nothing will happen to them.You can't even leave negative feedback,not that this would do any good,as they will leave you negative feedback as a payback.Ebay goes on about looking after its members,well i think Ebay should put a plan in place to stamp out non payers.If they don't,what can we do to change their minds?.

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Non paying bidders!!

I know this is getting off track,but if Ebay is only a venue?,how can they dictate that you must offer paypal.You can't get a safer method of payment than direct deposit into your acount.

Message 11 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

Coz they're the BOSS.

Message 12 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

@collector_and_buyer wrote:

I know this is getting off track,but if Ebay is only a venue?,how can they dictate that you must offer paypal.You can't get a safer method of payment than direct deposit into your acount.

Bank deposit is safe for the seller but not for the buyer.  If anything goes wrong the buyer has no way of getting their money back unless the seller agrees to it.

Message 13 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

@collector_and_buyer wrote:

You don't. You can offer Paymate or a merchant credit card facility. That would probably fix your NPB problem, too. No buyers = no non-paying buyers.

You can't get a safer method of payment than direct deposit into your acount.

For the seller, sure, but not the buyer. Would YOU give money to a complete stranger, relying only on their honesty to deliver goods at some time in the future?

If you don't want NPBs require immediate payment. The item doesn't count as sold until paid for then.

Message 14 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

So assume every seller is a thief attempting to defraud you.

So assume every seller preferring bank deposit is just itching to rip you off.

So assume a seller with 1,000s of feedback indicating happy customers is just waiting to trap you and take your money.

Message 15 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

1. YES

2. YES

3. YES

As stated before would YOU give your hard earned money to a complete stranger over the internet?

Message 16 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If it's such a problem for you to have non paying buyers, then

for goodness sake make your listings immediate payment.

Problem solved

Message 17 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

Collectively, as sellers who list auctions, we can and must report all non-paying bidders by opening a case with ebay.

Also, putting your blocks in place for listings.

It is very frustrating but if every seller did this;  what a difference that would make.

Message 18 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

As stated before would YOU give your hard earned money to a complete stranger over the internet?

-----------------

That is exactly how ebay worked before the advent of paypal.

People judged things very much on feedback and a degree of trust, I suppose, because I recall starting out on another account with zero feedback and people still did buy. Mind you, we sold small items.

I have to admit though that as a buyer, I got let down occasionally-I paid quickly, then no item, no replies to messages. These days no, I won't pay except by paypal, I learnt that lesson the hard way.

My impression of ebay now is it is an ever changing beast. Feedback as such will change drastically and instant payment will be required for more and more transactions before  that transaction is considerd sold. That will bring it more in line with other sales sites.

I am interested in the person who sold something via auction then had a message within 2 minutes to say the bidder wanted them to cancel the transaction. Yet no reply to the cancellation request.

Can that seller then start an unpaid item dispute? I hope so.

My impression of the transaction is the bidder couldn't care less about the transaction & assumed once they sent the message the seller could do all the work to cancel everything. They never gave it another thought, maybe never even checked their messages.

They are the sort who need to be kicked off ebay but it isn't happening. That's why instant payment will become more and more common.

Message 19 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

Can that seller then start an unpaid item dispute? I hope so.

Not unless the rules have changed very recently. One reason I always go down the unpaid item dispute as then the buyer gets a well deserved strike, they are unable to buy from sellers who have their blocks in place and if they do leave a neg feedback before the dispute ends the seller can have it removed.  Some people say they do a cancellation as it is quicker but as is evidenced here that is only if the buyer agrees with the request straight away.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 20 of 64
Latest reply