Not answering questions

Had a lengthy chat with 2 ebay representatives online this morning, both dodged the issue and in the end they just didn't type and replies to my question, then blocked the survey link they usually send so feedback could not be given, contacted representative again re this and told they could not send the link that was not sent and stated they would get someone in higher authority to contact me, I bet that will never happen, when its hard and they cannot answer the question they do one of two things transfer you to someone else or just not answer any questions.  What I have found from chat sessions is they keep transferring you to another representative that can handle the matter, when it get too hard for that representative they then transfer you to another one, on some occasions I have been to 5 representatives and got absolutley nowhere as usual

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Not answering questions

LOL - had to G that one. 

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

lengthy chat in my mind equates to longer than 5 minutes? They don't answer because they have a 'few on the go' at once.....easy is 'sorted'.....difficult gets the shaft

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Could it be that the ebay representatives were unable to answer because there was no question?

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Yes OP, that's exactly what ebay CS do when faced with tough questions. They will get rid of you very quickly, or shift you around and tire you out. And no survey link is sent after such conversations.

As sellers we are expected to live with such dismal service as they make the rule.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

They have a script with some sort of FAQ, like MBG/cases/disputes (if there are no complications of course) and Managed Payments. For everything else, they will transfer you, even for really simple questions.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Seems it is contagious and  OP has been confined to isolation.

Ah well!  Sometimes CS are legally restrained in what they can divulge.

And sometimes they are simply not privy to the answer.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

I assume the CS representatives cannot take decisions for eBay when a situation is unusual (like some situations that have been described here), but they should really know more. They basically read from scripts that are very similar to the help section, so people could as well go to the help section themselves, although, yes, I understand that some people don't like reading lengthy pages, which is a bit silly if they need help or are unsure about something.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply