Not being allowed to list even though my fees are below $40 and not due for a week.

Has something changed? My current fees owed are $37, not due for a few days yet when I try to list something I am being directed to select an automatic payment option before I can proceed.

I have always paid my fees using one time payment and have never had issues before. Have they lowered the threshold, or is this a stunt to force everyone into auto payments henceforth?

I've just spent a mind numbing two hours trying to upload this listing onto a computer that keeps freezing so this last hurdle is making my head explode.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Not being allowed to list even though my fees are below $40 and not due for a week.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have to have an automatic payment option listed with ebay but you can still make one off payments if you prefer.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Did they remove the $40 cap on fees owed though? Is anyone else here still able to list if their fees are under $40?

I'm wondering if they changed that rule and I missed the notification.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Okay I'm getting no joy from live chat here.

"Checking here the account really needs to be on the automatic payment method as it is required for you to be able to list the items your selling."

Rubbish. I'm selling what I have sold for years and suddenly this is a requirement?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

what are you trying, but failing to be able to list?
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

@terroxyboy wrote:

Has something changed? My current fees owed are $37, not due for a few days yet when I try to list something I am being directed to select an automatic payment option before I can proceed.

I have always paid my fees using one time payment and have never had issues before. Have they lowered the threshold, or is this a stunt to force everyone into auto payments henceforth?

I've just spent a mind numbing two hours trying to upload this listing onto a computer that keeps freezing so this last hurdle is making my head explode.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

This article says you need to have automatic payment set up. Maybe, if you've always made one-time payments before they are due, they haven't caught up with you till now

Setting up and changing your automatic payment method | eBay

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I guess that would be it. I had no idea that you are now obligated to have a method set up - I've always paid via one off payment. It's never been a problem until now.

I'm not signing up for it. Have seen enough of eBay stuff ups over the years to hand over permission for them to stick their hand into my account whenever they see fit.

17 years of selling and I guess that's it for me. Pretty sure they won't miss my piddling contribution anyway Smiley LOL

*shrugs*

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Once you're on Managed Payments, they'll be taking their fees from each and every transaction, before funds hit your account. That's probably why they want bank details.....
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Yes and I don't trust them to not screw me at some point. It feels sad for it to be coming to an end after all this time, but there are alternatives. I just spent a good 2 hours putting together a multi item listing with new photos etc so - how's their timing?! Scoundrels! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yep, they did it just to P you off.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply