Not fair how ebay holds your money

After so long decided to sell again> I find it not fair how the sellers money is held but yet you have to send item before you receive your money guess i wont be selling here again

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

While you may not like it, it was introduced for very good security reasons.  The practice has been in place for years, even under the old paypal payment system.

Note:   When you list an item for sale, you accept all ebay  T&C's, as current,  so I don't know how you can complain about a T&C being applied as applicable.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I see a lot of people posting about this on here but it must only happen to people who haven't sold for a while because I get the payouts into my bank for sales before I send them.  Maybe once you become "trustworthy" in eBay's automated eyes by sending X items before your handling time is up then you'll start to be paid before you send it.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Yes, under ebay's managed payments, your funds will be held for up to 30 days. Nothing new (despite some members saying it's "new". I wouldn't call 2020 new now). If tracking shows as delivered, and/or the buyer has left feedback, get onto ebay and they'll release your funds. It's no different to the PayPal days. As an infrequent seller, PayPal would have held your funds for minimum 21 days. Do yourself a favour and read up on how to sell on ebay.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply