Not logging out fix

If you go into the ebay.com website that will let you log out and it seems so far to work. Was advised by ebay it is only a problem on the Australia site. It is taking a long time for them to fix tho, 4 days for me so far.   

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Not logging out fix

Or the other option if anyone needs to log into other eBay accounts.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I have been able to log out when uisng Edge by clearing browser history and re-opening the page but apparently that does not work for others

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Same problem here for a week now, trying to log out of one account and into another, clearing cookies is a temporary fix:

https://signin.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&lgout=1
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

While we are discussing technical problems could anyone provide a solution to this board when replying to a post using the REPLY button.

I keep getting this error message when typing plain text:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

I don't get the same error using QUICK REPLY button.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I've encountered that same error before on several occasions. It's occurred randomly for me with no obvious pattern or fix, but for me at least is infrequent.

One thing worth checking: does it make any difference whether or not you're quoting another user's reply in your message?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

AND  while they are  at it get them to fix the endless loops ("recapture") when logging in from PC and phone

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:
While we are discussing technical problems could anyone provide a solution to this board when replying to a post using the REPLY button.

I keep getting this error message when typing plain text:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

I don't get the same error using QUICK REPLY button.

If you get that error, just hit submit again and it goes through.

As for going to the US site, it does nothing for AU logging in or out. If you log into the AU site, and then change to the US site, you have to log in again. Same when you log out. If you log out of the US site, it only logs you out of the US site. You are still logged into AU.

Having to clear cookies /cache is a pain in the butt multiple times a day to change accounts. I click on an item and select end item, which prompts me to log in. I can then change accounts. Selecting that option doesn't end the item, as it's a multi step process. Way quicker than the clearing cookies option.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Having to clear cookies /cache is a pain in the butt multiple times a day to change accounts. I click on an item and select end item, which prompts me to log in. I can then change accounts. Selecting that option doesn't end the item, as it's a multi step process. Way quicker than the clearing cookies option.

Have a look at the following tutorial, tippy - might be a useful shortcut for you:

Spoiler

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I hit the POST button multiple times and same error. Then I get the flood message error <GROAN>.

Correct the highlighted errors and try again. (Nothing is highlighted ?)

Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.

Maybe it's a way of eBay telling me to P**S off !
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply