Numpty buyers now costing me more money.

go-tazz
Community Member

List an item as pick up only and a member buys it and then I notify buyer the pick up address.

Get the didn't know it was pickup only as they thought it was free postage so please cancel (do the cancel and PP

now keep 52 cents as a fee reversal.

Same item and buyer wants to know if I will post and I explain the whole procedure on I'll need to list it with

postage (member buys the item before I can revise it and I have to cancel again and cop another 52 cent fee).

So now the item has $1.04 in reversal fees because of buyers error but I paid (each cancellation was that the

buyer asked to cancel yet I cop a fee).

Now they'll just need their employees to buy stuff and then it cancelled them to get extra funds.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
I thought they backtracked on their decision not to refund fees, and when did the fees jump from 2.6% to 2.9%?

It's 2.9% in the US, still 2.6% here, and they did reverse the decision. 

@tazz - the 52c is the fee reversal that is refunded to the buyer by PayPal, but they do still keep the 30c, so the two cancellations cost you 60c, unfortunately. 

This is one of those things I've decided to put down to a cost of doing business, and just have to hope it doesn't happen very often. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I don't think your buyer has both oars in the water

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

pmsl.gifpmsl.gifpmsl.gif@ Bear

Tazz, bung an extra $3 on the postage for the numpty

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Your sold items say the numpty paid an extra $100 for those knives???

Really?

What did I mis-interpret from the OP?

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

For items that are pickup, I like to make it super obvious to the buyer in the title.

Something like:

DeLonghi Oil heater. Pickup only from 6939.

This tells the buyer right away before they get into the listing that it has to be picked up and also gives them the general location for this to occur. Not completely foolproof, but stops a lot of problems before they start.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

When did it become 52c? I've only ever been charged a 30c non-refundable flagfall.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Anyone selling goods via PayPal pays 2.9% commission on the sale, which will no longer be returned when giving a full or partial refund. The flat fee is set at $0.30, and has never been subject to refunds.

https://www.techspot.com/news/79545-paypal-new-refund-policy-has-sellers-up-arms.html

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

I thought they backtracked on their decision not to refund fees, and when did the fees jump from 2.6% to 2.9%?
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

I put them at $119.99 to stop others trying to buy them and added make an offer.

He then put in the $19.99 offer (which I then accepted and sent an invoice for that amount).

Total..JPG

Best offer was accepted so that $199.99 had better be changed by eBay.

Maybe why he hasn't paid yet as it shows as $199.99 for him (I've messaged him to pay via the invoice as that

has the correct amount on it).

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

It's 2.9% in the US, still 2.6% here, and they did reverse the decision. 

@tazz - the 52c is the fee reversal that is refunded to the buyer by PayPal, but they do still keep the 30c, so the two cancellations cost you 60c, unfortunately. 

This is one of those things I've decided to put down to a cost of doing business, and just have to hope it doesn't happen very often. 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply