OK, WTH is going on 'round here? Funds held??

It's been a while & things sure have changed.

Sold 9 items "buy it now - free regular postage"

And it looks like my funds are on hold if I don't provide a tracking number!

Does this mean you can't offer an item with standard regular postage, and I have to go back and forth to the PO?

So with one sold item.. I got a large letter package with tracking for $5.95 at AP, OK.. it would have been $5.50 for regular post, not bad, but what about a magazine that weighs less than 250g?

Entered the tracking number on my seller dash, to see what would happen, sent the item, marked it, but now it says "funds are on hold - estimated till the 26th of Aug. 

It was tedious to get back into selling to make a listing, now this.

Signatures suck.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unless you are an infrequent seller, It is probably an MP thing. Have you signed up to MP? How long since you sold anything?

Tracking, in all likelihood, won't help. I certainly don't have my funds held for the 50% of sales that go untracked.

Edit: If it's this account, you haven't sold anything for over 5 years. You will definitely be subject to a 30 day funds hold. Nothing to do with tracking, except you can allegedly get an early release if you can prove delivery.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If you're an irregular seller, Ebay puts the funds on hold until you can establish yourself again. This is to protect buyers from getting scammed by someone who opens an account and lists 10 PS5's for sale and hopes to abscond with the money, for example.

This is also in the Terms and Conditions you would have signed when you joined up, or which became applicable over the years since you joined.

Ebay have become pretty big on tracking now and you'll need to work out which of your items are worth adding it to. I would recommend you add postage in as an extra so that you maximise any profit.

If you cannot provide tracking then you'll have to wait for the 21 day hold to pass, but you have to send the items in the meantime so that you do not incur a defect on your account.

If you intend to sell more stuff, then this phase will pass and you'll be able to send how you like. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Have you signed up to MP? 

I must have done, going through the rigmarole of trying to create a listing on my other account which has a fraction of activity to this account, because my bank account is set as the preferred payments, not Paypal.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not, I guess the seller still gets slugged for PP fees if the buyer chooses the PP option.

I tried to change it back to PP without much success.

Signatures suck.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You can not change back.  As a new seller, not having sold for a while, you are deemed a new seller, your funds  will be held under managed payments for 30 days.

There have been plenty of changes apart from managed payments, so it would be best to check back on announcements and familiarise yourself with current policies.  One in  particular deals  with untracked items and disputes being auto settled in buyers favour in 72 hrs

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply