On hold payments

I have just sold an item on Ebay for $1200 and the buyer has paid but ebay will not pay me until the goods have been received by the purchaser. I am not willing to send such an expensive item without payment. this was never disclosed at time of auction.

This item has to travel half way around Australia by a courier that the purchaser has chosen

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

On hold payments

Presumably it's the pram that you had listed as pickup only. Why would you let the highest bidder dictate to you how to send it to them ?  I'd imagine your best course of action would be to cancel the sale using "problem with buyers address" and offer it to the second highest bidder.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/sellers-can-cancel-order?id=4136

Also read up on selling for the first time.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/selling/start-selling-ebay?id=4081

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

On hold payments

I think this is going to be a problem. The item was for pickup and now you have the buyer organising a random courier. You will have to pack the item extremely well, which may incur additional costs for you. The courier will not take the item otherwise.

There's nothing to stop the buyer opening a case for "Not as Described" and claiming that it arrived damaged or was not in the condition advertised.

Personally, I would cancel the sale with the reason "problem with buyers address". 

I think there have been some scams against sellers who sell high priced items and where buyers have arranged their own courier - others on the boards will clarify.

Also, there is a 21 day hold on funds if you are a new or intermittent seller. The funds can usually be released by inputting the tracking number, but I have heard that there are still issues sometimes.

What is the buyers feedback left for others like?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

On hold payments

You have in your ad ''Happy  to work with couriers at your cost'',  you can't now say that you dont trust the sellers courier.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

On hold payments

By listing an item for sale, you are agreeing to ebays  T&C's ,  including the 21 day hold on funds for new sellers.

And you do state  Happy to work with Couriers, at buyers cost

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

On hold payments

You should be safe from Not received disputes, buyer is not covered by Money back guarantee if they organise their own courier

7599B548-ADDB-44EF-AC6E-8DF6C0922512.png

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply