Open a store or not?

Hi, I was hoping for some advice here. I was thinking of upgrading to a store and not sure whether to just upgrade (changing the name BTW), thereby carrying over my rating, or whether to open up a new store, with then a zero rating. I think there may be limits on how many items you can list if you open up a new store. Will this overcome this problem? Also, if it doesn't work and turns out to be a bit of a fizzer, can I revert back to my original name? Is there a danger someone could take that name? Would love some advice on this. Thanks, Denise

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Open a store or not?

You don't have to change your user ID to open a store, you choose your shop name, it doesn't automatically match your user name.  Just pick an appropriate name for the store and keep your current ID and feedback so your existing customers will be able to find you.

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I upgraded to a store & kept my name, thinking that if it fails, I can just revert back.....no problems. Yes, you will have limits if starting from scratch....just give it a go 🙂
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You have a selling fb of almost 700.  I think that satisfies ebay

as to whether you are a good seller or not.

I don't think you will have listing limitations because of your fb being established.

Choose a store name and take your fb with you is the best option

Basic store is 200 listings.  As long as you can list that many, it's worth it IMO

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have a LOT of books to sell, so thought I should have a name that reflects books. Smooth-moves...hmmm I'm not sure if they go together too well. What do you think?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You don't have to change your user ID to open a store, you choose your shop name, it doesn't automatically match your user name.  Just pick an appropriate name for the store and keep your current ID and feedback so your existing customers will be able to find you.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Oh okay Penny. I didn't realize that...I'll go down that path then. Thanks so much for that info. 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I also have a lot of books and my name bears no resemblance to what I sell....but I have heaps of 'followers' & didn't want to lose them
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply