Opened store - now no sales

Hi, I am rather new to eBay selling. I have a single product which was selling about one per day, so I figured I should open a store so the listing would gain rank.

However, after opening the store one month ago, I have not had a single sale ever since.

Why would this be? The listing is exactly the same apart from that it is now "good until sold"

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Opened store - now no sales

iamanark
Community Member
Your postage charges are high and could be considered profiteering. when it would cost you 60-cents (if the thickness is 5mm or less) . Re that bit of advice . It would be illegal to post that item in an envelope with a 60 cent stamp ... you should be very careful about the advice you give
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Interesting ... two sales already in two days since I cancelled the store, back to normal-ish. It has to be that with the store and no other products, my listing just wasn't appearing.

It is rather a pain that I can't have a permanent listing, and be able to link to it from elsewhere - without paying for a store 😞

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Dont ya just loooove ebays best match ???. Your item was probably on page five after 245 cheap Chinese sellers with free Chinese postage. If you are selling a pair dog grooming scissors every day, you are probably on to something. May be worth looking at other products such as nail clippers, doggy shampoos etc. You could end up with a great little business ( and store ) in the future. All the best with the venture.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Yes, it has to be that having the store was putting your ads out of sight.

The fact you were having a sale a day then went down to none in a month was an indication something was not right. And it couldn't just be postage costs, not if they were the same as when you had a daily sale.

Well, problem solved. Obviously in your case it isn't worth having a store at the moment.

You'd think ebay would give store owners some priority or more exposure but obviously not.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@iamineden wrote:

Interesting ... two sales already in two days since I cancelled the store, back to normal-ish. It has to be that with the store and no other products, my listing just wasn't appearing.

Your ID still actually shows as having a store. You can double-check whether you are still subscribed by going to My eBay > Account > Subscriptions. (If you unsubscibe from the store, the red door icon should disappear from your ID etc, also, if you're subscribed to Selling Manager Pro as a free bonus to the store, you will need to unsubscribe from that as well unless you're prepared to pay $9.95 per month for it).

Either way, I hope sales pick up for you.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply