Opinions. The best ebay lister tool

il_gioiello_store
Community Member

Hi everyone!

In your opinion which is the best ebay lister tool?

argued plz, I need your opinions

plz not say Turbo Lister, it is a super bug software

thnx!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Opinions. The best ebay lister tool

millions of ebay users work with Turbolister every day, I have read that as long as you keep it updated daily you'll be fine.

however if you want to pay for a listing tool there are several including auctiva, and the one I use, inkfrog.  $10-$20 a month is all it costs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

argued plz, I need your opinions

Huh ??? Am I missing something lol

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Think it was meant to be not argued plz, need opinions.

Gio, So many say Turbo lister because I think it is designed with ebay in mind. But as said as long as it's updated regularly and files are backed up.

image host
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yeah I personally like turbo lister(easy to use), although, I signed up for auctiva, seems very interesting, but I haven't worked out how to use it, I like the schedule listing feature as it'll save me a fair bit in insertion fees make life a lot easier, plus a couple other things it offers to do with templating, however I couldn't get it to work, spent ages and gave up for now.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

argued plz, need opinions.

I think OP wants reasons, not just bald statements.

Turbolister - it is easy to use, 100% eBay compatible. I have had issues with it twice in three years, so I don't consider that super buggy. But I do update (and back up) daily.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

If you have bugs in your TL then they are probably caused by something on your comouter.

I list on 3 different ids using TL and rarely have any problems.

I do back up after every few listings though so on the rare occasions I have a problem I can just re install and repopulate from back up files.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

plz not say Turbo Lister, it is a super bug software

Did you go into tools and Install the full version update when you first used it?

That needs to be done when you first start using it and it seems to fix most glitches.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Blackthorne is another closely related to eBay software to consider.  Like Turbo Lister it operates from your home/office computer.  Unlike Turbo Lister there is an FTP interface available to upload photos to a third party host for display within item descriptions.  Custom template handling is also much more sophisticated and extensive than with Turbo Lister.

That said, recommending what would be best is knowing what features are most important to you.  Ease of use?  Maximum efficiency?  Maximum flexibility?  etc...  Any tool that favors one of those will tend to be less useful with the others.

Visit my About Me page to learn about FreeForm - A free to use, wonderfully flexible tool for creating and using custom templates without having to learn HTML. Use with third party hosting to display many photos and avoid eBay hosting costs.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I've only ever used turbo lister & apart from the odd glitch I must say it is an easy tool for listing.

You don't have to be ON LINE to create a listing.

You can add photos via photobucket html with very little effort [when photobucket isn't playing up].

You can change things around i.e. postage by set rate to all or customise according to postcode/country.

I do find it takes longer to upload to ebay if you are using ebay's photo hosting, so I prefer to use photobuckets, even for the gallery photo.

The templates ARE WOEFUL, that is the one thing i wish ebay would REFRESH, they have been the same boring templates for YEARS.

The one thing you do have to be careful of tho is if you create a template or listing & set it up for 2 categories, then attempt to re-use that template for another item   you MUST blue out the 2nd category to be completely rid of it, then go into customise [top centre of listing page, on same line as Title & Category, open that & UNclick 2nd Category,    if only wanting to list in 1 category. Otherwise you end up with a listing in a 2nd category without realising it, & paying fees for the privelage.

Careful also not to place a tick in the free postage box when entering postage weight, measurments etc.

Outside of those few points it really is an easy, reliable tool.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply