Out Of Stock - Item Not Showing Out Of Stock

Hi,

So we are running the out of stock option and have some items with 0 stock, they are hidden from searches and cant be brought and hides the fright options which is good BUT it shows the item as "Your item is for sale " instead of "Item is out of stock" like this: http://tamebay.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Out-of-Stock-eBay-Item-home.jpg

Anyone else facing this issue ?

We keep getting people ringing up to as why they cant buy it or if we have it .. this out of stock option is meant to solve that but its making it worse...

For live example please see: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151801718869

We don't use the inventory management in Selling Manager Pro.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ok using even private mode or a browser thats never logged in here shows its as "Your item is for sale" but taking my phone and using mobile data does show item out of stocck that seems to be a new fun issue with our servers and caching .. 

Now to work out why our customers cant read far enough .. 

Thanks for all the confirms that it is out of stock .. atleast i know that works.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can you post a item number that you are having the trouble with. The one above is showing out of stock.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

That item has no stock, its 0, if it did there would be a buy button and freight options which there is not.

When revising that item it shows as attached.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

That item says out of stock
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

It does show out of stock

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

ok using even private mode or a browser thats never logged in here shows its as "Your item is for sale" but taking my phone and using mobile data does show item out of stocck that seems to be a new fun issue with our servers and caching .. 

Now to work out why our customers cant read far enough .. 

Thanks for all the confirms that it is out of stock .. atleast i know that works.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I just thought I would let you know that I was originally checking on my iPad and it showed out of stock and have just now checked again on my desk top computer and it is also showing as out of stock.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

matttho_9
Community Member

I’m having this issue too, last night I was looking at an item and it was fine but when I went to buy it this morning it said out of stock, but as this is a 1 buy it now item surely it would just say sold? I really want to know how to fix this as it’s really annoying me, I just want to buy me item and be on with it. Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to fix this? Thanks 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Posting on an 8-year-old thread is probably not the best way to get help… Do you want to start a new thread? Click onto the Start a conversation blue button at the top of the board. Screenshot shown below:

IMG_6873.jpeg

Generally speaking, a thread as old as this will not be relevant to a current issue. I’m reasonably sure a moderator will be along soon to lock this thread. I hope you’ll start a new thread; the current issue you mention is something I’ve also seen in the last week.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Given that this ancient thread was started by a seller, you are not having the same issue.

If an item is out of stock there is a fair chance the seller has marked it out of stock. Nothing to fix. Look elsewhere.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply