Overall Sales Drop

Hi everyone, ive had my ebay store for about 6 months so far and i know this is probably a very common complaint/question but this seems to be my worst month so far! i have over 160 listings up at the moment and the selling is far less than i expect with such quantity of items and i just cant figure out why that might be. I mainly sell electronics and games and would like to know if anyone has some solid answers for me, or can check out my store and see if everything seems prime for selling or not. Constructive feedback would be very helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards NickyD from NickyDgames

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Overall Sales Drop

eBay is not what it used to be and you seem to be travelling along nicely.

All I can suggest is when sales dip then go in and use the markdowns i.e. 5% seeing as you have a store.

That is a good feature of the store and seems to boost sales from what I have seen and heard.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Overall Sales Drop

Also wanna say Iโ€™ve never done promoted listings or used the marketing tool for price drops etc, Iโ€™m currently unsure if theyโ€™re effective
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Overall Sales Drop

Is this a wind-up?

You sold approx 39 items during August for not small change IMO

Some would kill for a month like that.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Overall Sales Drop

I'd be happy with a 25% sell-through.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Overall Sales Drop

Oh wow so mine actually isnโ€™t that bad? I guess in part i needed some perspective
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Overall Sales Drop

eBay is not what it used to be and you seem to be travelling along nicely.

All I can suggest is when sales dip then go in and use the markdowns i.e. 5% seeing as you have a store.

That is a good feature of the store and seems to boost sales from what I have seen and heard.

image host
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Overall Sales Drop

Mmm I actually just found out about that today and I agree that 5% is a good starter mark, Iโ€™ll list a bunch of new stuff and then run the discount...hereโ€™s hoping ๐Ÿคž
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Overall Sales Drop

I would expect that sales of some types of product may drop off due to the combo of The Ashes and the Footy Finals.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Overall Sales Drop

I often think that ebay artifically boosts sales for new sellers to get them hooked. If our sales growth had stayed the same as our 3rd month, we'd be driving Teslas now.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Overall Sales Drop

Roadster?

Or a boring one?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply