Overseas address

Hi, I just sold an item and when I went to send invoice address is in USA ,I have blocks in place for not selling overseas but when I looked at feedback it says member in Aus.Do I have to send to USA  or can I cancel the sale if that is the address.Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Overseas address

You won't get a defect if you select the reason that there is a problem with the buyer's address.
But I would recommend you go with the unpaid item dispute process as you retain control.
If you go the cancel route you pass control to the buyer. They have to accept it for you to get back your fees. Or do nothing for 10 days after which you will get your fees back.
There is a chance they could reject it also. In which case you will lose your fees.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Overseas address

Message the buyer and politely ask can they confirm their mailing address before you invoice them.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Overseas address

Thanks have done this no reply as yet.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Overseas address

I had one of these last week but the buyer was in NZ.

I went to send an invoice but the address said NZ and we don't send to O/S at all.

But the sales record said Perth address.

So I messaged the buyer and she said oh yeah sorry I'm in NZ now. The other address is my mum's.

I said I can give you a quote for postage to NZ but it won't be FREE.

She said no I don't want it now. Then have heard no more.

Its currently on an Unpaid Item Dispute.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Overseas address

If I don't get an answer by tomorrow I will just cancel the sale,do I cop a defect if I do that.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Overseas address

You won't get a defect if you select the reason that there is a problem with the buyer's address.
But I would recommend you go with the unpaid item dispute process as you retain control.
If you go the cancel route you pass control to the buyer. They have to accept it for you to get back your fees. Or do nothing for 10 days after which you will get your fees back.
There is a chance they could reject it also. In which case you will lose your fees.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Overseas address

I always go the way of unpaid item after several of the otherway doing it n takes 10 days n can get refused n **bleep**. Had several overseas purchases lately n we dont ship overseas n shouldnt show up on overseas searches. Plus by doing unpaid item its recorded against them. I have buyer limits n pretty strict on it.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Overseas address

You seem to be having some issues with your N key. You might want to get that looked at.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Overseas address

lmao smiley.gif

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Overseas address

I was checking my business policies the other day and found that all the overseas countries I'd ticked had somehow got unticked. I was lucky nobody bought from overseas while they were like that.  I know I didn't untick them!  I'll be checking regularly from now on.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply