PHOTO QUALITY

Hi! Anyone else having problems with the quality of the photos when they get uploaded to your listings?

Recently, the photos seem to be too bright once uploaded to new listings .. yet they are good quality pics, both on the camera & in my files & posted to other sites like a photo group. This is ONLY happening with EB & new listings & new photos & even older photos if the photos are used in a new listing.

Doesn't happen if I just 'list something similar' using the previous listing as a template & doesn't happen when using a saved template that has it's original photos still there.

Here's an older photo I'm trying to use in a new listing burgundy daylilyburgundy daylily.. it's a burgundy daylily, NOT pink as it turns out in the LISTING! I see burgundy here, what shows on this post??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

PHOTO QUALITY

Do a bit of research into colour variations on digital devices etc.    Unless my system is exactly calibrated to your System, there will always be a variation.

Even if you have your system calibrated to ebays system, variations will exist with any other system viewing

ebay.

Many sellers include colour variation disclaimers in their listings.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

The whole image in the listing is brighter, that's why burgundy looks pink I think. The rest of the photo is also brighter. At least it looks brighter on my laptop.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

It's a beautiful pic and looks burgundy to me (on my HP laptop)

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

Hi Twyn,  yeah does not look anywhere near pink to me

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

I just checked on the app and yes, it's lighter & brighter

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

No, it's only just started to happen .. only on EB & only new uploads, even of older pics I've used before. Same camera, same 6mth old computer, with all updates & browser correct & current. EB actually told me it was their calibration parameters at fault, but offered no help.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

Yes, that's what happening .. even trying to alter n original it doesn't fix it. I did see in another EB forum, a complaint that so many 'stock' photos are being used now in listings .. is this problem the cause? I check this problem to see if it would replicate using a 'stock' photo from the net of a particular flower .. and guess what, it uploaded fine. Go figure .. 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

Yes, it looked burgundy to me, too .. I have since used this older pic of that particular daylily in the listing & that one loaded fine. The only difference in that, to the others of the same flower .. it's much larger in MB size of photo.

I remember at one time that EB had limits on how large a photo could be .. maybe bigger is better after all ..  

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply