PHOTO QUALITY

Hi! Anyone else having problems with the quality of the photos when they get uploaded to your listings?

Recently, the photos seem to be too bright once uploaded to new listings .. yet they are good quality pics, both on the camera & in my files & posted to other sites like a photo group. This is ONLY happening with EB & new listings & new photos & even older photos if the photos are used in a new listing.

Doesn't happen if I just 'list something similar' using the previous listing as a template & doesn't happen when using a saved template that has it's original photos still there.

Here's an older photo I'm trying to use in a new listing burgundy daylilyburgundy daylily.. it's a burgundy daylily, NOT pink as it turns out in the LISTING! I see burgundy here, what shows on this post??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

PHOTO QUALITY

Ah, found the answer to my problem! In case anyone else has had this problem, here it is:

Remember when EB listings would only accept photo sizes no larger than say 600 x 600 or there abouts, or they wouldn't be uploaded?

THEN some time later, listings had to be larger for clarity I guess .. and if they were small (like they used to be) they couldn't be uploaded.

OK, so I increased the size of my photos to be over 1000 x 1000 or higher, taken with the same camera for yrs. Yep, that worked fine .. until recently when this colour 'glaring' issue started with uploaded pics .. even one's I'd used before.

* Y'day, went to do a new listing with pics I'd used before in varying sizes .. some pre-used were still in the template. I then checked my files for the sizes of the photos on my computer to compare them .. and there IS a difference in the sizes I had used. Bingo .. the solution to this issue that EB couldn't explain!

ALL photos in larger sizes I uploaded (over 600+ x 600+) went 'glaringly bright' so I tried reducing the sizes, via a photo editing tool, to around 600/650 .. and GUESS WHAT!? All those same photos loaded on the listings perfectly ok!!

I've since added some pre-reduced pics to existing listings & ALL went ok there, too.

WHEN did EB down-size the required size of photos for listings? Seems to me that 'something old is new again'! lol

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

Well, it's started again .. regardless of photo size! SO NOT happy! ๐Ÿ˜ก

I've recently had another conversation with an EB team member on the phone .. who went to s'one in that dept. twice .. came back with no answer. Asked me to do a screen shot & also send a copy of original in an email .. she waited while it went thru to them.

Confirmed there was a marked difference & has escalated this problem, so I await a reply. In the meantime, I've read on other EB forum post that .. guess what .. I'm not the only person having this problem!

If anyone else is having the same problem & reads this, PLEASE contact EB! With more EBers complaining, maybe we will get EB to fix their damn uploader problems .. it isn't our monitors, or cameras, or phones or anything .. contact them via the 'help' process ..  they'll call you & it doesn't cost!

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

PHOTO QUALITY

Ah! Photo quality has now mysteriously improved for uploading pics to all listings .. I noticed this a cple weeks ago when making a new template for listing, so I then replaced pics of poor quality in existing listings with uploading the ORIGINAL pics from computer files & 'bingo' .. they loaded in excellent quality! 

Someone in EB's Tech. Dept. obviously found the prob & fixed it at last!  ๐Ÿ˜

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply