POTENTIAL SCAM EMAIL ?

I received to my registered EMAIL address what I thought was a PROMOTIONAL OFFER from Ebay. I don't get them very often so was excited. They were offering we've got your back. More on your next 5 sales. pay no more than $1 in FVF on the next 5 items you list & sell.

However. whenever I clicked on the TAKE UP OFFER button (I know I know...ever click on a link, but it looked so real LOL) I got the sorry, invitation only response page.  I then just did Live Chat with Ebay, as I thought, why send an offer to tease me if I don't qualify !! He got me to check my actual Ebay messages, no email there. Asked what email address the offer came from, which was ebay@reply2.ebay.com.au and he said to forward to their spoof email address as it was a scam.....oh well, I nearly got a deal 😞  

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: POTENTIAL SCAM EMAIL ?

I’ve also noticed that these free FVF or $1 promos have also been deleted from the Promo history. Luckily I took a screenshot because I was charged full FVF. eBay are crediting the FVFs.  

for future référence always take a screenshot of the promo.  Since eBay switched to MP the stupid payment system doesn’t factor in these promos.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I have just received an apology from eBay and a new working link of the selling promo 

please try this one 

https://www.rsvp.ebay.com.au/rsvp/signup/1003043/O2uP8oEkNiY

good luck 🍀

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Yep me too 🙂 seems the email address was legit, just the ebay staff dididn't know LOL

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply