PROBLEM LISTING A DVD MOVIE TITLE

We are trying to list an old 1950's  motor racing dvd movie titled "A Mask of Dust " But ebay will not allow the listing as we are accused of price gouging and that it must be only sold by an authorised seller . What the hell are they on about !   Havent been able to get any sense off there chat help area either

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: PROBLEM LISTING A DVD MOVIE TITLE

Knowing eBay, I *assume* it is because the word 'mask' is in the title so eBay 'think' it MUST be a face mask

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Knowing eBay, I *assume* it is because the word 'mask' is in the title so eBay 'think' it MUST be a face mask

Thats what I was thinking

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I guess  that the word "mask" is the problem but  a good fitted spray painters mask would cost around  $50 ,so don't quite understand how we are  price gouging

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

When the Covid started to take off, when basic supplies were being hoarded, people took it upon themselves to stockpile those items, and then try to list them on ebay for an insane amount of money. Like, $300 for a pack of 20 masks, or $100+ for a 6 pack of toilet paper.

Ebay jumped on it and only allowed a select few to sell those items. Sellers who were already selling those items, long before the Covid. That was only so for some. Some long term sellers, selling those items, found their listings had been removed. 

The ridiculous thing is, it looks like you've been pinged for using the word "mask" as the title of a movie, yet it's acceptable to use the F word in a title, if that's what the name of the movie is.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply