Paid GTC listings are now coming out of 40 free listings

jimbojones99
Community Member

On two accounts, paid GTC listings are using up listings out of the free monthly 40.

I contacted eBay about it today,and the contact there said it is a problem with their program.

I suggest keeping an eye on this if you have a mix of paid and free listings.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay recently inplemented changes to non store accounts which saw all fixed term ( including 30 day listings ) with free relists rolled over to GTC listings. The was ebays program works, these automatically come off of your 40 free listings.

There was supposed to be a grace period where the remainder of the unused free relists would not be charged, but this has not happened. There are several other threads on the "selling " forum with extensive discussion on the topic.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Another dishonest move by eBay.

i received no notification of this and have become distrustful of this selling platform.

Their so called “Health Check” should be done on themselves.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@jimbojones99 wrote:

i received no notification of this and have become distrustful of this selling platform.

That's exactly what they've done (the process they were using wasn't working so they came up with this GTC

stuff to get some revenue rolling back into their coffers).

Everything eBay does is to improve their own bottom line and they don't care how it impacts sellers (they just

make out it's to "help" sellers but in reality it's only designed to helps eBay).stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@jimbojones99 wrote:

Yes you did.   If you know about the Health check, then you read it.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

As far as I know I've received no notification at all about any health check and the only way I know about the

health check is due to this thread,good.gif

So I've got 2 listings up that are now GTC so will I be charged when they relist or will they come of the 40 per

month free listings or the $1 FVF if they relist on the weekend if I accept that offer?blush-1.gif

Or do I just end them and relist as an auction?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

So I've got 2 listings up that are now GTC so will I be charged when they relist yes unless you still have some free listing left

or will they come of the 40 per month free listings if you have any left

Alternatively accept the offer for the weekend and get free listings or the $1 FVF if they relist on the weekend if I accept that offer?blush-1.gif

Or do I just end them and relist as an auction?   Yes unless you have free listings left or if you first accept the weekend offer BEFORE listing

same answer, different ways 🙂

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Saaay, you is tryna confuse me.

When they relist, they'll come off the 40 free.

If you take up the $1 w/end offer, you have to end them before they auto relist or you will be charged a relist fee.

Auction? - you should know by now which will sell better  hahahaha

OP mentioned the Health Check, so they must've known about it.

edit:

Curraone said it better and faster.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply