Paid but buyer didn't pick up item, buyer lost a false claim also... what are my right re leftover

64alec
Community Member

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Paid but buyer didn't pick up item, buyer lost a false claim also... what are my right re lefto

Have you refunded the money?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Paid but buyer didn't pick up item, buyer lost a false claim also... what are my right re lefto

Impossible to provide advice without more details.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

no and wasn't required to

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

If they paid via paypal, they could probably make a claim on the basis they 'couldn't' pick up and they would be refunded. That happened to us a few years back witha  sale. The interesting thing with this scenario is they cannot be given a strike for non payment, even if you are fairly sure they just changed their mind and didn't want to pick up.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

You can't keep the money and the goods, that's fraud. Message the buyer and tell them if they don't pick up the item within say 1 week you'll cancel the sale and refund them, or you can ask them for a cancellation request.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

If you are not happy with the buyer's attitude (not picking up the item and wasting your time) you can block them, but you still have to refund the money because they don't have the item if they don't pick it up.

Edit: Wait a few more days though, as if you block them now and they want to arrange for a new pickup, you won't get their messages.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Just chiming in again re your "right"

You have the "right" to provide details of what actually happened.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

What was the claim the buyer made? 

A little more information regarding what happened and why the buyer claimed may help determine the best course of action (you mentioned more detail elsewhere, but these details may help the other responders understand what's happened and what the best course from here is). 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

You are right about my short on detail..  Buyer paid for suite, carrier demanded refund when pickup

arranged, carrier took 2 of 3 items ... he said will return next day with help for 3rd very heavy item..

Buyer lodged another claim which was IMMEDIATELY rejected by Ebay (2nd time)  The 3rd item was not picked up as promised... I found contacting Ebay extremely difficult (several hours over this very 'suss' dea)

The buyer has clearly NO intention of picking up 3rd item (obviously kept 2 good and rejected 3 item..bed/base)   On legal grounds I believe I can either Have it removed at buyers expense,or sell it, or burn it.

HOWEVER with Ebay a 100% honest seller has RISKS in doing legally entitled action.

I appreciate all replies.. but yours was 'tops'  needing more info.

Best wishes... Alec  

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply