Paid by PayPal for pickup

I have just sold a couple of chairs that need to be picked up. I really wasnt thinking it through when I set up the listing. I did a buy it now along with bidding. The buyer decided to buy it now & of course that led to Paypal. I normally have pickup items which people pay by cash.

My understanding is a buyer is safer to pay by cash if it is not as they want. Are there problems for me if he picks up this way - can he claim the money back for some reason? He has not bought on Ebay before it appears.

Can I cancell the paypal at this stage & have him pay cash ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Paid by PayPal for pickup

You can only suggest that PayPal is preferred but not refuse it.

However many buyers pay PP thinking it is best when cash on pick up is better.

Some buyers have a balance in PayPal they want to use.

The down side for sellers is a buyer can action a chargeback citing unauthorised use if they used a credit card through PayPal.

I would note the drivers licence number when it's picked up in case a claim is made later on, which can happen almost 12 months later.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Paid by PayPal for pickup

Personally, I would just go ahead with the sale. Just get them to check that they are happy with the items before taking them, and if not, cancel the sale and refund. I have heard of many cases where the buyer has paid this way, and if all goes well, which it does most times, there is no problem.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply