Parcel delivered

Sent a parcel with tracking . Says delivered. But buyer says has not received where do I stand with this?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Parcel delivered

Australia Post or the postal service that was used should be contacted to confirm they delivered the item at the right address (sometimes they even admit they didn't), and if they left the parcel in a safe place they should provide photos.

You should be safe if the item was delivered at the right address.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Firstly, ask the buyer to confirm the address.

Some buyers move house but forget to update the address in Ebay and believe it or not, they manage to check out with old postage details because they're not paying attention.

Secondly, your job is done. If an item gets lost in transit, then the responsibility falls on you. Once the item is marked as delivered, the onus falls to the buyer. Buyers need a safe place for packages and you are not responsible if a thief has come past and nabbed it.

If the buyer tries to open a case for "Not Delivered', then you can upload the tracking and it should close in your favour.

You can communicate a short note in a friendly way to the buyer and say that as the item is marked as delivered to the address on record, there's nothing more you can do. However, they need to check all around the property to make doubly sure. They also need to contact Aus Post and lodge a claim if necessary. However, if the item has been stolen, they need to file a police report.

Sometimes buyers who are intent on scamming you will make this claim, but won't open a case as they know they will lose. Not saying it's the case here, but it certainly does happen. Just have your red flag meter at the ready.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Exactly.   This happened to me very recently.     I asked the buyer to query delivery with Aust Post - which Aust Post did by sending a photo of where it was delivered.    Turns out the postie put it carefully over the fence and it fell into a garden and was not visible.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

this happens from time to time.  If Auspost, raise a query with them.  Expect it to take a few days at least to get a reply.

I've had a few customers raise this.  Including regular customers I trust.  This is not your responsibility though.  People steal mail or it gets misplaced (especially in apartments).  I've had an Auspost employee tell me that delivery van drivers have reported being tailed by people looking to steal parcels.  As a seller we can not take responsibility for lost or stolen items.  In apartments people often find missing mail by canvassing neighbours.  I recommend people use the parcel collect lockers.  

In my experience customers accept this, and Ebay will not force you to refund if you can demonstrate you sent with tracking.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Does tracking say delivered or  left in a safe place. If later ring Aust Post. as mentioned and they will email you a photo.  I then use google maps to identify location and have had items left at neighbours house then go missing. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply