Partial refunds and new DSR ratings

Hi I have a quick question re refunds. I have read so much on the boards the last few weeks re all the changes with new FVF's and the new DSR ratings etc. 

I just have a feeling I read somewhere that if a seller gives a refund or partial refund for over payment on postage that the new DSR page / board see it as some sort of defect or fault on the sellers part ?? 

I am sure that I stored it away in the back of my mind that is would somehow impact on sellers and they were less likely to give the refunds anymore becuase of this.

Perhaps I have just confused it with something else. I know when I and if I give a refund of any kind now to deduct any fees on postage I have been charged but hope that someone may clarify for me if there are any othernew pitfalls to watch for.

Thanks in advance. Cat Wink

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I did a couple of partial refunds for customers who made multiple purchases and therefore had paid too much postage (I do free post), and on contacting eBay support was told that any refund - (partial or full) would attract a defect score.

I now enclose concealed cash in the parcel when I wish to refund postage.

Marina.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Not for partial but I did two full refunds for items lost in post and they are both showing as defects.

Just be aware that if you refund for combined postage you have still paid the full FVF on the original postage cost.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I have done two refunds to allow buyer to change address, and they are both shown as defects

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I did a couple of partial refunds for customers who made multiple purchases and therefore had paid too much postage (I do free post), and on contacting eBay support was told that any refund - (partial or full) would attract a defect score.

I now enclose concealed cash in the parcel when I wish to refund postage.

Marina.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I have done partials without it affecting the defect score.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Check if this is accurate BUT

Brad from PayPal told me something interesting thios evening and still not sure how it can/is connected to eBay per se but

I asked about the hypothetical situation where a seller did the right thing and said "oops, sorry bout that, send it back and I'll give you a full refund"

But as we see on the boards lots of times, often when this is done outside the direction of PayPal the buyer never sees their goods or their reefund, so I personally will only ever return after raising a dispute with PayPal (writing in the notes the seller is being good, its just my paranoia etc prompting the claim).

Brad said, "yes, never return without our direction, yada yada yada.....address we giove, yada yada yada"

Then I said but this now gives the buyer a defect, and that's not always fair as in the example I gave where the seller did intend to do the right thing iykwim"

and Brad told me that if the Buyer rang PayPal and relayed the story/requested whatever/said how great the seller was etc that PayPal would remove the defect doobie from the seller's eBay account thingy.

(well he didn't say thingy and dooby etc, they're my words - he used the proper woprds, but, ya get the drift)

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Me too , makes no difference at my end.
Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Hi Thanks to everyone who has replied.

It seems once again eBay is not consistent . To play it safe I think I will just put some money in her parcel - minus the fess eBay slugged me on the extra postage.

I have started to add a note to adds re combined postage for buyers to WAIT before they pay and I will send a revised invoice. I think I will need to do the same where I use the pre paid bags with the postage calculator.

What happened this sale - postage quoted was for a 3 kilo pre paid bag. Buyer was in same state so cheaper postage for her, hence she needs a refund as she was too fast with her payment and paid before I sent invoice through. I do put postage will be cheaper in QLD in the ad but guess I need to make it stand out a bit more.

All these changes are a lot to get one's head around and now the worry if someone has the abilty to do some damage with my information they have hacked off the eBay site!!!

Well as always with eBay it is one day and one step at a time. Thanks everyone once again.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Careful with sending money through Australia Post.

Australia Post's "Dangerous & Prohibited Goods and Packaging Post Guide"

(You will have to Google that phrase, it leads to a PDF, so I can't provide the link, but)

Posting Banknotes and Coins.PNG

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I often do combined postage refunds and customer support told me that if i contact them by the various contact methods.

They will refund FVF on postage refunded.So at the end of the week i give them a list. A waste of time i know but better money in my pocket than ebays.If everyone did this, i am sure ebay will get sick of it and work out a better way of doing it.As for sales in last couple of days have been real **bleep**py.

Cheers 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply