Partial refunds and new DSR ratings

Hi I have a quick question re refunds. I have read so much on the boards the last few weeks re all the changes with new FVF's and the new DSR ratings etc. 

I just have a feeling I read somewhere that if a seller gives a refund or partial refund for over payment on postage that the new DSR page / board see it as some sort of defect or fault on the sellers part ?? 

I am sure that I stored it away in the back of my mind that is would somehow impact on sellers and they were less likely to give the refunds anymore becuase of this.

Perhaps I have just confused it with something else. I know when I and if I give a refund of any kind now to deduct any fees on postage I have been charged but hope that someone may clarify for me if there are any othernew pitfalls to watch for.

Thanks in advance. Cat Wink

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I do hope as you say eBay can iron out all the bugs with their changes.
Hopefully buyers will become a bit more aware too particularly with multiple purchases from one seller and WAIT for an invoice.
All the best
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

yeoldetoyshoppe
Community Member

Hi there, I made the mistake of giving a postal refund before sending the parcel.  The buyer had 2 lots & I refunded 1 postage. I sent them off in 1 satchel. When I went to the press the mark as sent button it was gone as was the contact buyer button as was the buyers name address etc. And there it sits in the to send bay I guess forever. I am unable to contact the buyer with the tracking number. I have tried auto contact but can get nothing about this situation. All I can say is don't partially refund anything until tge parcel has been marked as sent and tracking has been added. This is such a bad glitch. Cheers Yeoletoyshoppe

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

"All I can say is" please read the date of a thread  when you reply... 2014 in this case.

If you need help please star a new thread.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@yeoldetoyshoppe wrote:

Hi there, I made the mistake of giving a postal refund before sending the parcel.  The buyer had 2 lots & I refunded 1 postage. I sent them off in 1 satchel. When I went to the press the mark as sent button it was gone as was the contact buyer button as was the buyers name address etc. And there it sits in the to send bay I guess forever. I am unable to contact the buyer with the tracking number. I have tried auto contact but can get nothing about this situation. All I can say is don't partially refund anything until tge parcel has been marked as sent and tracking has been added. This is such a bad glitch. Cheers Yeoletoyshoppe

As tuck said the thread is a bit old.

But having said that, I did it today and no problems at all,  maybe it's a glitch with the user

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply