Pausing listings not sending to drafts

Is there a way to pause listings immediately except those with bids. I need to stop for a week or two possibly a month. Australia post has completely become unreliable. I have sent items interstate within a day states delivered. items I have bought are marked as received in another state. The ability to keep track of orders has become more than a job. This is creating unnecessary work and you can't talk to a human, Australia posts wait time has blown out, ebay don't want to know you . SO the best measure is to pause. till things turn around. 

I know listings can go to drafts but that is limited in number. any advice would be appreciated

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Time Away | eBay

or.......blow out your postage times to 10 days or more  (like I have)

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for that. Though I think though I will just end some of the listings  over the next few days and delete the relist option on the rest. to much mucking around . 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Have just removed the relist check on the listed items removed a couple . It is not only sending but I have 21 outstanding items I have purchased not seeing a posty in 9 days is a worry. Last item marked as delivered today but delivered to a  S. A  address i am in W.A .   Can't be paying commission on post and sales when this has become more work than my job. Thanks for the info.  

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I can't remember the last time someone has asked me about any items being delivered late.  I know there was slow delivery to WA but otherwise things appear normal. Although I don't check tracking once I send an item so will be unaware there is an issue unless I get a message. Really my main focus is listing and packing which I am in total control of the rest I don't spend too much time thinking about.

Now I did purchase an item on thursday from Melbourne going as a letter so will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to Sydney. 

I also have 2 day handling on most items unless they have overseas postage in the listing then I have 10.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

It has become a blackhole in W.A . Sending is not as bad but still poor , receiving is a nightmare. The delays sending create more work than necessary. this is not my job its a hobby which is pushing my limits.

When buying I have to rely on sellers actually applying tracking when I pay for it , international recently stung me for close to $200 I had got quotes for tracking but were not applied to the final sale, didn't realize. .What i find interesting is that the reply i got from ebay on this is we have nothing to do with freight, well how can you charge a commission on it then.

I have sent an item last week in W.A and in 1 day it is marked received in Vic.

Now the item i purchased and is marked as received today in S.A , ( I am W.A ) I can't get through to ebay as it shuts at 4pm w.a friggin handy.  Automated don't help because as far as they are concerned its delivered. absolute s&^% show.

I think a break for a little while is needed. I will buy local when needed if i buy at all. Its a shame. Seemed to be running good for a while now the wheels have fallen off.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

sorry for your angst...this in incredible...W.A. must be falling in a hole with postage.....as an aside...sales to W.A. have become very frequent to me as a seller??

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

If you sell items that can allow you to use Express post and still be profitable that may be a solution till things improve.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

its an option but I am waiting 4 weeks for eastern state packages now, I am not buying anything else and adding to the list.  as a buyer what i find if you ask for something to be sent express and its not on the listing you wait 2 or 3 days for them to change and add the option to the invoice. Most of the people I am dealing with these are not businesses but collectors/sellers. If they are business they deserve to go broke. 

An item I bought recently had insufficient postage charged , instead of a paypal invoice to make up the difference I got a request for me to send the amount and in their words once the transaction is finalized I will post the next day. I had paid within the hour and can't help the laziness of incorrect postage just send the item and sort it after it was $10 actually $9.90

Sorry but having to email it gets tedious to be to and froing online drags out the transaction . The idea is for transactions to be simple straight forward and fast . I even sent an email to the seller regarding my item that has been marked as delivered in S.A,  I won't expect an answer till Monday.  

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply